Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mumford?

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    At this time of year you have to be careful not to believe everything you hear / read. Not saying none of the above will eventuate but rumours start and gets legs from practically nothing, and most turn out to be way wide of the mark. A few days ago, Tudor "had signed at North". And as I mentioned earlier in this thread, SEN reckon Mummy to Hawks is close to a done deal. I've learned not to worry about what you hear, read and can't control. What happens, happens. Last time we lost our number one draft pick we came out of it just fine.
    I've heard ROK is going to Carlton. Roos is taking Kenny with him AND a few dozen toilet rolls and a tall dude will give you another Mummy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Gee thanks for that helpful piece of advice on-baller. I'll certainly be taking that on board next time.

Perhaps I just have way too much respect for the players, and foolishly consider Mumford to be a highly valued member of the team.
    Very foolish to consider a player would not look out for their own future first before considering the Club's supporter base. Roos will give you 1.7 million foolish reasons a year for leaving the Swans Academy.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

I'm getting worried. The pies wouldn't delist Jolly if they didn't think they could poach another ruckman. I want their pick 10 or 11 for Mumford if he leaves.
    LRT. Lord Roberts-Thompson. He may look like the Munster, but looks can be deceiving.

2012 Bloods Premiers.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    I'm getting worried. The pies wouldn't delist Jolly if they didn't think they could poach another ruckman. I want their pick 10 or 11 for Mumford if he leaves.
    It would be better if they added Shaw with the deal but then the Swans would not let Mumford go without a reason. However they would get a much better deal from GWS.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Suspended by the MRP
    Forgive me for not talking about this Saturdays nigh game. Mumford will be a loss, but can be covered if they sign Jesse White! The forward line next year could comprise 4 talls - Tippett, Goodes, White and Reid. Pyke would spend 60% of time in the ruck, Tippett would spend 20% of time in the ruck and White would spend the other 20%in the ruck. The small amount of Ruckwork that Tippett and White do would get them into the game if the forward line was quiet. Reid, Goodes and White would give excellent pressure in the forward line! Reid could be swung into defence if required, Goodes could also help out the midfield in patches. A fit Rohan and Jetta could explode forward from the wings and a sharp Brandon Jack would be at their feet!
    Sorry! Just looking forward to fit players in 2014.

I would find it disgusting to lose any player to Collingwood. No its not logical but I don't care. Go to West Coast, go to Melbourne even, but not Collingwood. Am I prejudiced? Yes I am.

The end.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

If we have learnt anything this season its Jesse is a FWD and needs to concentrate on the FWD role, IMHO Tippet would be the better option as 2nd ruck. Tippet as 2nd ruck also helps us not be so "Tippet" conscious when going forward and Tippet and Pyke in and out of FF has many advantages.

Cheers

waz

Regular in the Side MightyBloods's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by swanspant12 View Post
    That was my initial thought however if Buckley keeps Hudson on their list then I'm not so sure. They highly rate both Grundy & Witts and along with Lynch & Hudson may just run with what they have. Grundy has thrown a fly in the ointment with his impressive form and it certainly ended Jolly's time at Collingwood. If they're smart, and if Thomas leaves, they should use any early draft picks to keep bringing in young kids. I believed once they lost Davis, Wellingham, possibly Thomas, and retirements to Johnson, delistings to Jolly and Didak that their premiership window has now closed for at least 3 to 4 years. Yes, even with Pendlebury, Beames, Cloke & Swan on their list. Insiders say that Swan & Heath Shaw are completely pissed off with Buckley on the treatment of Didak. I won't be surprised to see Shaw traded and they tried to trade Swan to GWS last year although they (Eddie & Co) denied it. It is not a happy club and Buckley is doing to the playing list as a coach, as he did as captain, to exert his authority. Collingwood's social media sites have gone into meltdown since their team's exit from the finals and the delistings added fuel to the fire (especially Didak's popularity with their fans).

Senior Player
    Speculation today that we are talking to Heath Shaw. Given the Mumford rumours that's intriguing.

Quote Originally Posted by R-1 View Post
    Speculation today that we are talking to Heath Shaw. Given the Mumford rumours that's intriguing.
    I like Heath Shaw and while I'm shopping I'd also like to get Nathan Grima from North. Both good footballers and very funny guys. Should be able to increase the amount charged for Swans functions with those guys on-board.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    I like Heath Shaw and while I'm shopping I'd also like to get Nathan Grima from North. Both good footballers and very funny guys. Should be able to increase the amount charged for Swans functions with those guys on-board.
    Speaking of funny. I liked Patrick Dangerfield on Fox at the MVP awards the other night. Can we get him too?

Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Speaking of funny. I liked Patrick Dangerfield on Fox at the MVP awards the other night. Can we get him too?
    Isn't he working hard to set himself up for a media gig in 10 years time. Apparently he nagged the footy show for a guest spot last week too.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Swansongster View Post
    Rodney is funnier.

Edit: Was

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast