Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Swans v Dockers Game Day Thread

Well said Goswannies.

Proud of how we are giving it a real crack in the 3rd quarter.love how the last 2 goals came from pathetic play from mcglynn and the umps giving freo an age in the middle - story of our night really.

Hope we can win the last quarter and keep it respectable.

All in all, great effort to get this far with so much going against us injury wise. We will be back with a vengance in 2014, mark my words!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Don't know what Richards was thinking when he ran past that Freo sub just before he kicked the goal.

Agree with you goswannies. Did their best under the circumstances - except for Ted in that last effort.

Should be a cracker of a Grand final next week.

Thanks Jude for the memories. A true Gentleman in the game. He'll probably get slobbered on by Kirky after full time.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    The problem is that we are playing the best side in the comp with a team which is the best we can put on the field after injuries. Even with everyone there we would still have trouble matching this outstanding Freo side. Let's make the most of it and see where we can improve. For me, a bit more man-on-man defence would help; Freo do it very well.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Before everyone gets all hysterical & goes slagging off our boys & their performance, put it into perspective.

Freo are at near full strength. They're playing at home.
    What difference would Goodes, LRT, Mattner, Shaw, Reid, Tippet, Mitchell, Johnson make?
    How about a match fit Rohan, Jetta, Hanners?
    What about having the weeks break IF we'd won in the first week because we had our best team on the paddock instead of playing three weeks in a row?
    How about having a relatively consistent line-up all year instead of having to plug injury gaps most of the year?

Give them a break & the recognition that they probably did the best they could have given the above circumstances.

I am proud of our Swans & their 2013 effort given all of the circumstances. I personally think it has been an effort worthy of the Bloods & all that we are, all that we stand for, & all that we as a club aspire to.
    Could not have put that any better. Thank you Swans & best of luck for 2014

Hear hear go swannies! We should be so proud of the boys for getting this far. We will back next year!

Don't get me wrong, I think the boys have done brilliantly to be where they are when you look at the injuries we've sustained this season. They can all be proud of themselves.
    I just hate that Ballantyne and Crowley get to play on the grand final.
    On the bright side we have an extra week in which to prep for next season where we will once again be underrated, under estimated and once again we will shock stun and win.

Tough way to go out in 2013, but it has been a good season. Lots of good times and lots of new talent on display.

Senior Player
    I have never seen anything like that second quarter.

Never? Grab a copy of the Port Grand Final loss to Geelong ... or Sydney's 1987 win over Essendon

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Hear hear go swannies! We should be so proud of the boys for getting this far. We will back next year!
    Well done Gary Rohan, and well done swans this year. Looking good for next year as long as we have a fit team and can keep Mumford. Lots of talent not playing tonight.

Let's face it... if Fweo were more accurate, they would have blown us out in the first quarter.
    30 points behind with a few minutes to go is fine by me.
    Injuries, retirements, playing finals 9 years out of 10... it takes it's toll.
    Thanks Jude.
    Have a good rest Swannies. See you in 2014.

Good on you Fweo. Do me the hugest favour and beat Hawthorn.
    Just to upset the Wet Coke Budgies.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's face it... if Fweo were more accurate, they would have blown us out in the first quarter.
    30 points behind with a few minutes to go is fine by me.
    Injuries, retirements, playing finals 9 years out of 10... it takes it's toll.
    Thanks Jude.
    Have a good rest Swannies. See you in 2014.

Good on you Fweo. Do me the hugest favour and beat Hawthorn.
    Just to upset the Wet Coke Budgies.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast