Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamb has gone to GWS

Happy and I know it
    Hope he doesn't influence his best mate, Gary Rohan, to go with him in future years.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Loving the fact we are rolling the dice, it may not work out but it will not be dull.
    Great to see someone that really LIVES their nickname :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    This one shocked me. Not happy about this.
    Hope now Drey stays, and Tony.
    Shoot.....
    The loss of Drey and Tony is less a nightmare that a dream for me, but I appreciate your shock.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am not sure I see why / how Lamb fits GWS's need for an injection of senior experience. He's been in the AFL system three years, which is the same length of time the Giants 17 year old concession players have been in the system. In terms of AFL experience, he has considerably less than their top tier of players and no more than pretty much every player whose been on their list for at least a year. He may or may not become a regular senior player for the Giants but I don't see how he's going to add what they need to transform themselves in the short term from an onfield basket case into something vaguely competitive.
    He may fit two of their other needs Liz, the need to replace Taylor Adams and POSSIBLY also the need to exercise some of the bad blood that has been reported as brewing between the Giants and the Swans.
    Last edited by Ruck'n'Roll; 22nd October 2013 at 10:14 AM.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Surey we cutlet him go...?

I thank you.

But did we see him again after his audacious snap around the body from 40 when he had players free in better position? He kicked the goal, but thought at the time he'd get read the protocol after the game.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am not sure I see why / how Lamb fits GWS's need for an injection of senior experience. He's been in the AFL system three years, which is the same length of time the Giants 17 year old concession players have been in the system. In terms of AFL experience, he has considerably less than their top tier of players and no more than pretty much every player whose been on their list for at least a year. He may or may not become a regular senior player for the Giants but I don't see how he's going to add what they need to transform themselves in the short term from an onfield basket case into something vaguely competitive.
    He has spent those three years as part of a highly successful, extremely professional football culture, though- I think there's value in that alone for them. I think he's likely to prove to be a fairly handy half forward over the next couple of years (I thought he was for us in his chances this year) and they don't really have anyone to play that role right now.

Pretty dissapointed by this, but I can perfectly understand it for Jed and wish him all the best.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Indifferent about Lamb. Laughing at Gws though ( I don't expect they will last long past demetriou leaving)
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    This one shocked me. Not happy about this.

Hope now Drey stays, and Tony. Shoot.....

Drey can stay, he's ok.

But we should package Tony in with Lamb for a pick....Tony is no good I'm afraid.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    It's all about the now.
    Wasn't that Tuddy's catch cry?

Apologies for those that dont get the reference
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Drey can stay, he's ok.

But we should package Tony in with Lamb for a pick....Tony is no good I'm afraid.
    We don't need more pics but if we could upgrade Pick 35 for GWS Pick 22 for Lamb and Armstrong then that would be a good outcome.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Best one ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    Agreed. Assuming we can trade a Mummy replacement the commercial reality may be Buddy for White/Lamb/Dre. I'd take that as I think we have loads of depth to cover Lamb and Dre.

Loving the fact we are rolling the dice, it may not work out but it will not be dull. I love the blue collar ethos playing wise but the reality is that we have been a bit dull on the marketing front lately which, like it or not, is vital in Sydney. The column space that Buddy will fill next season will need to be seen to be believed. His first game at the SCG will be a match to remember
    This is sort of how I'm viewing it as well. I'm not super happy to be losing Lamb, but I like that we have become ruthless in chasing ultimate glory. I love that we are competitive year in, year out, but we have the genuine chance, should things fall right, to win 2 or 3 flags over the next say 5 years. it could be a golden time for our club, and I'm for one glad the board is taking some risks to try and achieve such a goal.

It could all go pear shaped, but it'll be fun whatever may happen along the way!

I'm disappointed that Lamb is going, I do think he can make it - but if he has got a better offer from GWS and we weren't willing to match it for whatever reason, then good on him. We just have to trust our recruitment team to get things right - which overwhemingly they have done over the past decade.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

See ya Jed. Shanks for the memories.......

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    I think it's a crumby decision...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast