Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Fixture - Rumours until 31st October (release date)

WTF. Thursday night? That eliminates the kids. It also eliminates a goodly number of people who do not live within the city precincts. I wonder if the AFL know how big the city of Sydney actually is. I can get there, but I know of at least 8 people who have put a ruler through this date. They actually have jobs. Why couldn't they give this to Collingwood instead I ask?
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    13 games on FTA for the Melbourne Fans. - Bonus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    When it says "host TV network Foxtel" does it mean it won't be shown live on free to air /

- - - Updated - - -

When it says "host TV network Foxtel" does it mean it won't be shown live on free to air?
    Sydney/NSW will probably get those games on 7mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post

wow how many were shown in 2012 and 2013 as i found myself downloading so many games in the past two years.

Ahh the Buddy factor..it will ensure that will get top billing in the media for the next 5 years.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    *Looks at Foxtel Box largely unused outside of Footy*

Hmmmm.....

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    WTF. Thursday night? That eliminates the kids. It also eliminates a goodly number of people who do not live within the city precincts. I wonder if the AFL know how big the city of Sydney actually is. I can get there, but I know of at least 8 people who have put a ruler through this date. They actually have jobs. Why couldn't they give this to Collingwood instead I ask?
    It is the opening match of the Indigenous Round. I think the AFL want to take advantage of the Franklin, Goodes, Jetta combo (and the unfortunate controversy for Goodes last year) + Geelong's indigenous players, to get the round under way.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    *Looks at Foxtel Box largely unused outside of Footy*

Hmmmm.....
    Yep I got rid of mine. I can usually find a live feed when its not on fta and the money is useful for other things. What is interesting is after I cancelled they rang a couple of times offering me the same package at less than half what I was paying.

Blog Entries
    For those who have used the ical calendar I have set up each year, I have just included 2014 season in the current one, so you don't have to reimport it each year.

For those who haven't, here is the link to import https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics

No upgrade for me. There are too many night games again. Will watch them on TV.

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    It is the opening match of the Indigenous Round. I think the AFL want to take advantage of the Franklin, Goodes, Jetta combo (and the unfortunate controversy for Goodes last year) + Geelong's indigenous players, to get the round under way.
    They could have started it as a Friday night game like this year. Strange night for Sydney.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Rd 1 confirmed as Saturday twilight v Giants at Skoda Stadium. March 15
    Appears now to be called Workers Comp Stadium named after their sponsor. I mean Giants Stadium as they must not have a sponsor yet.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    That fixture really couldn't be much better. No excuses now Swannies. Might be time for a membership upgrade.
    Completely agree with this and previous posters. All timeslot/dates aside, who we play and where we play them is an awesome outcome for us.

Not sure Kurt and Buddy agree wholeheartedly regarding the draw, but the flag keeps looking better and better.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by BillyRayCypress View Post

Appears now to be called Workers Comp Stadium named after their sponsor. I mean Giants Stadium as they must not have a sponsor yet.
    Workers Comp Stadium - also known as the House of Pain?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast