Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2014 guernsey numbers revealed

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    Look I can understand Locky not particularly wanting to give up Nicksy's number, but honestly, all this stuff going on. He got to pick up Fitzy's number! He's happy with that. Frankie is happy to keep the number he has played in. The end. Stop sniping. Wish I could get the nasties at the Tele to do the same. Talk about tall poppy syndrome.
    Again you're spot on Prims. It's bad enough that the media take every opportunity to lay in the boot but Swans fans, really???
    So he wanted his old number and a young untried player had to change his number, big bloody deal. Get over it already.
    If, in six months from now he's only kicked five goals for the season and had fifty disposals in total, then by all means go for it, but for now just lay off him.

Senior Player
    Cute exchange on Twitter just now.

Screenshot from 2013-12-10 11:27:44.jpg

On the Rookie List BillyRayCypress's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    1pm Monday they will announce guernsey numbers, it's on the website.

Just looking at the accompanying photos, a few of the new recruits are very solidly built or it's trick photography. Anyone else think the pic of Nankervis makes him look like Glen Jakovich?
    Can't see if his knuckles are dragging on the ground.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Again you're spot on Prims. It's bad enough that the media take every opportunity to lay in the boot but Swans fans, really???
    So he wanted his old number and a young untried player had to change his number, big bloody deal. Get over it already.
    If, in six months from now he's only kicked five goals for the season and had fifty disposals in total, then by all means go for it, but for now just lay off him.
    I'm still blaming Matthews for Plugger's demise.
    Nothing like a good light bulb moment.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    There are other precedents too. Ben Mathews might have kicked up a fuss about relinquishing no 4 to Plugger, but Dean McRae moved on from that number when Lockett first joined the club. And Simon Arnott quietly vacated the no 2 for Wayne Schwass.

Just wild about Harry
    I still think Buddy should have tried for 37.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by undy View Post
    Thanks Scott, that's a great tool. Luffy had 34 for 5 years longer than anyone else, would like to see AJ become a 12 year player too.
    Thanks.
    Glad it gets some use!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I still think Buddy should have tried for 37.
    Now that i'd like to see....

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Cute exchange on Twitter just now.

Screenshot from 2013-12-10 11:27:44.jpg
    Jude got the 'wall of blood' flowing quite well though.

Must say I'm more interested/impressed by the Jude/Rampe number transfer than the predictable Lockyer-Buddy one. One's about the graciousness and goodwill of a club champ, the other's about cash.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    People are so short sighted.

I have a different take on Buddy getting the 23.

Think of all those Hawthorn supporters who have "Franklin 23" tattooed on themselves.
    It won't be something that they'll feel silly about now.

This.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Pushing for Selection
    23 was the great Ron Clegg's number Ron "Smokey" Clegg Played 231 games for south won the Brownlow medal 1949 runner up 1951 was South 's Best and Fairest 3 times.Played 1945 till 1960 231 games was Captain and coach for his last few seasons. One of South's greatest players. I have seen him play ChF and CHB he was just as good ether end of the ground. The old Souh Grandstand used to come alive when "Smokey" had the ball. I hope Buddy can do Cleggies old number justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Old S.M.Blood View Post
    23 was the great Ron Clegg's number Ron "Smokey" Clegg Played 231 games for south won the Brownlow medal 1949 runner up 1951 was South 's Best and Fairest 3 times.Played 1945 till 1960 231 games was Captain and coach for his last few seasons. One of South's greatest players. I have seen him play ChF and CHB he was just as good ether end of the ground. The old Souh Grandstand used to come alive when "Smokey" had the ball. I hope Buddy can do Cleggies old number justice.
    I remember Bob Kingston wearing it in the mid-60s. Kingo wore it with distinction at full-forward for a couple of years before unaccountably disappearing to the SANFL just when we needed him most. He was a hero of mine until he did that. Still have fond memories of his 9-goal game against Geelong in '65.

Pushing for Selection
    Bob Kingston's problem wasn't getting up there, Boy could he get up high to take a spekky BUT his problem was coming down.He seemed to knock himself out on landing .Yep bob was a great player there were not to many fullbacks who could handle him.I was sorry when he left South as well.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast