Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Franklin -The Movie

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Senior Player

Franklin -The Movie

So say the idiots at GWS, and if that is really what they believe then they should be happy we did. Never mind the battle of the bridge thy need to build one and get over it.
    Recruiting Lance Franklin a 'bad move', says GWS boss

Commentary Team Captain BeeEmmAre's Avatar
    Sad that someone else living in Sydney could have fallen for Eddie's brainwashing.
    "It's up to the rest of the players in the room to make a new batch of premiership players next year," Adam Goodes, triple Bob Skilton Medallist, October 7, 2011.

YOU BETCHA!!!!!!

They're a bitter lot over in Giantland. With the kind of concessions they've received it will be a real indictment on the management team if they can't move quickly up the ladder. They're pretty stupid waging war on the Swans. It will come back to bite them.

Agree really should be as one harder to beat!

Oh seriously?!
    Those whiners at GW$ get a COLA, dozens of first round draft picks (that they'll trade away coz they've stockpiled more talent than they can either afford or fit into a side), AFL subsidies to play an unproven Tongan born rugby player $6M for 4 years (& he doesn't even see out his contract ... Buddy's contract is an absolute bargain in comparison!) and the tosser in charge of that franchise has the gall to say we are established & don't need sun more AFL help? ... when our boys weren't even given new footys or a set of dumb bells to train with in the first 3 years when they moved north?!
    I can't decide who I hate more ... Collingwood or GW$!!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Oh seriously?!
    Those whiners at GW$ get a COLA, dozens of first round draft picks (that they'll trade away coz they've stockpiled more talent than they can either afford or fit into a side), AFL subsidies to play an unproven Tongan born rugby player $6M for 4 years (& he doesn't even see out his contract ... Buddy's contract is an absolute bargain in comparison!) and the tosser in charge of that franchise has the gall to say we are established & don't need sun more AFL help? ... when our boys weren't even given new footys or a set of dumb bells to train with in the first 3 years when they moved north?!
    I can't decide who I hate more ... Collingwood or GW$!!
    To think some Swans supporters also bought GWS memberships in that first year............some have dual m'ships.

Disgrace!
    Make no mistake! They were our enemy then & will continue to be as long as they are in the comp & in the same state as us.

We shafted their marketing plans of the next 5 years big time when we got Buddy!

We will also attack their 'fringe' players that aren't able to crack it into their team due to an embarrassment of talent handed to them.

They know very wel that they are going to lose some serious talent in the coming years when the Vic clubs really start bringing the Vic players home.
    Taylor Adams is one such example at Collingwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Tunnel View Post
    To think some Swans supporters also bought GWS memberships in that first year............some have dual m'ships.

Disgrace!
    Make no mistake! They were our enemy then & will continue to be as long as they are in the comp & in the same state as us.

We shafted their marketing plans of the next 5 years big time when we got Buddy!

We will also attack their 'fringe' players that aren't able to crack it into their team due to an embarrassment of talent handed to them.

They know very wel that they are going to lose some serious talent in the coming years when the Vic clubs really start bringing the Vic players home.
    So? Some people just want to go and watch a game of footy, even when their own team is interstate. In Melbourne they can do that via AFL memberships but we don't have that luxury. I don't have a Giants membership but I have no problem with a Swans member that does. It promotes the game in NSW and allows them to go to the footy. I don't see how either of those things are bad. By all means comment on the mischief-making comments from their front office about our decision to sign Franklin, but having a go at fellow supporters who just like going to the footy serves only to detract from your argument.

Personally I wish them every success, and think that the AFL would be far better served by having two highly functioning teams in NSW. That may take 25 years like it did with us but I wish them well. I only want them to lose when they play us.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Personally I wish them every success, and think that the AFL would be far better served by having two highly functioning teams in NSW. That may take 25 years like it did with us but I wish them well. I only want them to lose when they play us.
    Obviously the AFL is in agreement. Today AFL Commissioner Mike Fitzpatrick reiterated that the AFL was in for the long haul in Sydney. They simply cannot let it fail. They won't wait 25 years like they did with the Swans, which is why they have given GWS so many perks and opportunities to form a strong contending team.

Despite a bit of animosity brewing between the Sydney clubs, I also hope for GSW success. I think it is good for AFL and especially AFL in Sydney.The 2-club cities like Adelaide and Perth seem to have built a good rivalry that the fans really enjoy.

I think the AFL will think long and hard before taking the COLA away from the Sydney clubs. They don't want a repeat of the Brisbane scenario, where you had the greatest team in footy fall from grace to a sad and costly situation where the AFL will have to lay out more than the mil a year that the COLA costs to keep them afloat. Brisbane is one market, but Sydney is THE market.

Also, Eddie McGuire should keep his mouth shut (asking for the impossible) and be happy about the Franklin deal, since Collingwood reaped the benefits by signing up Jesse White, who I still believe was the big casualty for us getting Buddy.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Tunnel View Post

Disgrace!

Yeah look as long as they play in the ACT I'll keep getting their ACT membership.

Hahaha.... Love it. A bit of banter before the derby to whip the natives into a frenzy. Not sure the GWS coach would be too happy though. I wouldn't want a "motivated" Buddy playing my side.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

There is no way the AFL will persist with GWS. Been a disaster. They will flail aroun as they come to terms with it.

The folau thing does show how stupid the are. They could have lured a massive player with that

Happy and I know it
    COLA wouldn't be an issue if we kept losing games like GWS.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast