Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Day GWS vs Swans Rd 1

Veterans List
    What a disgrace. This is an embarrassment.

Absolutely pathetic after the 1st quarter. Poor, poor performance. Not helped by some insipid inconsistent umpiring. But we have noone but ourselves to blame for a totally insipid, pathetic performance.

And if anyone wanted to see why ROK had been left out, he gave a few examples of why they did have him in the original 22.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I can't wait for the meltdown on here

What a horrible day.

This is seriously a tragedy. Our membership will take a hit. And the stupid opposition supporters are jizzing themselves right now.

Well that took the shine off Collingwoods loss last night. GW$ now on par with the Maggies my least fav side >:-(

Warming the Bench
    Sack the coach! What a waste on Buddy!

But really come on, its round 1. No need to be playing incredible football at this time of the year.
    Yeah we lost a game, yeah it was a pretty shocking result but really all that will come of this is Horse will flog them on the track in the next 2 weeks and we will be back to our scintillating best in no time!

Chin up ladies and gents

- - - Updated - - -

Sack the coach! What a waste on Buddy!

But really come on, its round 1. No need to be playing incredible football at this time of the year.
    Yeah we lost a game, yeah it was a pretty shocking result but really all that will come of this is Horse will flog them on the track in the next 2 weeks and we will be back to our scintillating best in no time!

Chin up ladies and gents

Suspended by the MRP
    You have to give credit to GWS! They are much improved and played the conditions better than the Swans did. The Swans shooting at Goal is a concern! All the players will bounce back, but the preseason hype is gone as reality sets in!

1. GWS are a seriously good team. They played hard and they played well. Credit to them.
    2. They kicked the last 9 scores. We were overrun in the end. You have to wonder what happened to our vaunted fitness.
    3. Hanners was quiet, like he was in the NAB cup.
    4. If it was a closer game, I would say that Buddy lost us the game. He was awful. Looking to get delisted at yeat end.
    5. I hate to say it, but this game is good for football in Sydney. Bad for the Swans, but good for football.
    6. I hope something possitive comes out of this game. We will have to wait and see.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    What a horrible day.

This is seriously a tragedy. Our membership will take a hit. And the stupid opposition supporters are jizzing themselves right now.
    If it is a tragedy then it's most definitely one of our own making. Call it hubris, call it karma. I can't help feeling a little glad that Mummy got a little bit of his own back

Now before someone tries to lynch me, i do hope to god this isn't a foretaste of the season as a whole.
    But on the other hand this loss will be fantastically good for the game in nsw - far better i believe long term than any number of glamour full forwards.

Veterans List
    One positive is that Laidler is no good. Flick him now.

Veterans List
    This was always going to happen, just that it happened two years sooner than we thought.

The AFL love child has a whole team of first round draft picks, four number one picks etc etc. As I have said several times in the past, it is a juggernaught waiting to roll and it started rolling today!

Not sure where it leaves us but we aren't looking a top four side that's for sure. I'll wait for a few more weeks before letting depression set in but it will be a long wait to round 2.

Easy in hindsight but we were caught trying to cruise into the season, as per the previous two years, by their increased intensity. That extra long break would have suited them much more than us. I expect a positive turnaround. We need some serious forward to distract from Franklin.

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast