Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Round 8 changes V Hawthorn

AS - i didnt finish my sentence accidentally ie i meant to say that McEvoy had twice as many hitouts as Hale showing how much Hale is playing up forward this season and hence up to 5 tall players 193cm to 200cm sitting in the Hawks forward line at anyone time.........hence me thinking match up wise it makes sense to keep Laidler who can go with a Birchall or Gunston etc
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    AS - i didnt finish my sentence accidentally ie i meant to say that McEvoy had twice as many hitouts as Hale showing how much Hale is playing up forward this season and hence up to 5 tall players 193cm to 200cm sitting in the Hawks forward line at anyone time.........hence me thinking match up wise it makes sense to keep Laidler who can go with a Birchall or Gunston etc
    Or bring in LRT to play defence, and do some rucking if needed.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

my gut feeling is we can have both - see my above team list in an earlier post page 11 i think
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Out: Fri night

In: Sat afternoon (when it will be 24 and sunny)
    And when there will be less traffic clogging up the buses.

We r rolling the dice playing buddy, tippet, goodes and reid together for the first time. Would have been better to tune it against a lesser opponent.

All 4 have had interupted year so far.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    We r rolling the dice playing buddy, tippet, goodes and reid together for the first time. Would have been better to tune it against a lesser opponent.

All 4 have had interupted year so far.
    I agree with you here Barry.

I'll be very pleasantly surprised, if they can dominate in this, their first hit out together, in a high pressure game.. Against the No.1 team in the league.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I'll be very pleasantly surprised, if they can dominate in this, their first hit out together, in a high pressure game...
    I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they actually all play. I'm not normally overly skeptical, but I can't help but thinking that the extra 10K+ tickets they may sell today and tomorrow has something to do with the 'Buddy is good to go...at this stage' media line.

I'll be less skeptical when the teams are named tonight, but reserve the right to jump back into full-on skeptical mode tomorrow at 4pm when I arrive at the ground and there is an unexpected emergency or two missing when the ressies run out against the Giants...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post

All 4 have had interrupted year so far.
    This is true, but the fact is that our next 5 opponents are all difficult ones, so if they don't play against Hawthorn, then we have to try it against Essendon, or Geelong. So there really isn't an easy solution to this. I was hoping that they could all play Brisbane, but it wasn't to be.

On the positive side, they are all experienced players who have a pretty good idea of what to do on the footy field. Only Tippett hasn't played this year, and he showed that he can come right in after a long layoff and play well, as he did last year. Buddy is a 190 game player who has only missed one game, similar to playing after the bye, so he hasn't missed much.

Goodes, Buddy and LRT have never played a game with Tippett, and Reid only played the few minutes last year before he re-injured his quad. So there has to be some starting point where they introduce themselves to each other.

Playing all 4 big forwards is similar to the usual Hawthorn setup, such as last year when their usual setup included Buddy, Roughy, Hale and Gunston (so similar or our big 4). It also may force Hawthorn to play Schoenmakers as a defender, making it easier on our defence. Hawthorn have a short defence. Geelong exploited this, and hopefully we can too.

We have to trust out medical staff that if they are declared fit to play, they are truly fit to play.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they actually all play. I'm not normally overly skeptical, but I can't help but thinking that the extra 10K+ tickets they may sell today and tomorrow has something to do with the 'Buddy is good to go...at this stage' media line.

I'll be less skeptical when the teams are named tonight, but reserve the right to jump back into full-on skeptical mode tomorrow at 4pm when I arrive at the ground and there is an unexpected emergency or two missing when the ressies run out against the Giants...
    My thoughts exactly Triple B

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I'll be very pleasantly surprised if they actually all play. I'm not normally overly skeptical,
    I have visions of the four of them all sprawled on the bench with assorted ice packs applied to various bits of their anatomy just before 3/4 time. Hopefully i'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Another jab misses the mark.
    The fans have spoken Mr Koala.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I have visions of the four of them all sprawled on the bench with assorted ice packs applied to various bits of their anatomy just before 3/4 time. Hopefully i'm wrong.
    scream__1_.jpg