Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 8, Sydney v Hawthorn

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    wow PORT are one serious team to watch play

just awesome awesome awesome running game to watch

I must say the pressure we brought against the HAwks last night, puts us in good stead against the Bombers, Cats and Port over the next month or so given our execution is still no were it needs to be and can be
    I think Port are the fittest team in the comp thanks to their fitness guru Darren Burgess. I fear they will run over the top of us in the last quarter both times we play them. I would be delighted to be wrong though!

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    A screen shot on Fox Football states "Bondi Billionaires Hold Off Hurting Hawks In Blockbuster".

The perception around the league is that the Swans are highly paid Bondi Boys. Are the Swans losing their trademark blue collar bloods brand perception?

I personally don't mind because Bondi Billionaires never shy away from a dust up!
    Some people in the media like to stick labels on players and clubs. It's just laziness.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Some people in the media like to stick labels on players and clubs. It's just laziness.
    Typical News Corpse - say everything with a sneer.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    When Goodes was subbed off, by my reckoning it was the first time we had a 21 with no 2005 premiership player on the field..
    Just shows what an incredible rebuild we have done over the last 9 years.

Derickx will still be no 2 ruckman behind pike, and not in our best 22. Our best 22 could be a pike /Reid combo for ruck, considering the hieght we have elsewhere.

Of the 2005 premiership players, id say ROK is done. LRT. is probably a depth player now primarily covering an injury to richards or grundy, and Goodes will play cameos but no longer able to string a full season together.

Back, strapped and intact dread and might's Avatar
    Goodes as super sub. They floated it on the post match and I think it's the ideal scenario.
    I wish my weed was EMO so it would cut itself

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Is Parker a serious hard nut, a tough bugger, or a wrecking ball? Man, he goes straight at it.

Was Longmire too pumped to face the media? I haven't seen his usual post-match debrief.

Yes the video is on AFL site with heading "Franklin's 'fun' reunion with Hawk mates'. He had Buddy with him. Journos were more interested in Buddy than Longmire!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Is Parker a serious hard nut, a tough bugger, or a wrecking ball? Man, he goes straight at it.
    I was tempted to start a new thread in praise of Parker, but I'll stick in here instead. At the start of the year, I reckoned we needed at least one more mid to step up to the Hanners-JPK-Jack-McVeigh level to ease the workload off that group towards the end of the year. Parker has played some mighty fine footy since almost his first game, but you still sensed he was a notch down. He's now well on his way to joining that group. He probably won't make AA this season - its a tough gig to crack, especially if you're not a glamour name in the competition, but as an ultra-consistent, goal kicking midfielder he's certainly putting his case forward.

The moment I was prepared to mentally don the gold jacket last night was when two Hawks players were converging on a loose ball just outside their forward 50. A clean take-away would likely have created them a scoring shot to keep the pressure on Sydney. In comes Parker. He doesn't make the mistake of anticipating a Hawk gaining possession to give away a free. Instead he makes the ball his only focus. He doesn't get possession himself, but propels the ball away from the central corridor towards an area where the Swans had more numbers to create an even contest.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by dread and might View Post
    Goodes as super sub. They floated it on the post match and I think it's the ideal scenario.
    I think he should not be a Sub unless his body needs a rest. Adam lifts the whole team even when he does not get big stats. The Swans feel better about themselves when Goodes is in the team. There best performances last year came in a stretch against Collingwood, Essondon and the Crows when he was in the team.

The same has occurred this year. He is also very smart and needs to be taken seriously by the opposition. With Tippett, Franklin and Reid being dangerous he will never again get the best defender or the best tagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes the video is on AFL site with heading "Franklin's 'fun' reunion with Hawk mates'. He had Buddy with him. Journos were more interested in Buddy than Longmire!
    Thanks! Found it on the end of the TV broadcast.

Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast