Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Sydney v Essendon

Quote Originally Posted by bloods1984 View Post
    Goodes seems to have lost a few yards of pace at the moment
    This is my concern. He has lost pace at top speed, he has lost quick acceleration. He was never a very good key forward anyway - what made him special was that he was too big for most midfielders, too athletic for most ruck man and too quick for kpp. Fletcher went past him like he was Lockett on Friday night.

For him to contribute he has got to play on the ball a bit. Out of the goal square he looks lost, applies no defensive pressure, spends his time pointing and hoping everyone else covers his man.

He is getting a game on reputation at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbournehammer View Post
    This is my concern. He has lost pace at top speed, he has lost quick acceleration. He was never a very good key forward anyway - what made him special was that he was too big for most midfielders, too athletic for most ruck man and too quick for kpp. Fletcher went past him like he was Lockett on Friday night.

For him to contribute he has got to play on the ball a bit. Out of the goal square he looks lost, applies no defensive pressure, spends his time pointing and hoping everyone else covers his man.

He is getting a game on reputation at the moment.
    It is my belief that he should play out the year as the sub.
    It would be far easier on his body and he is someone who is capable of covering nearly any position on the field and if things are tight in the last quarter, there's not much that could lift the spirits more for the boys than Goodsie running onto the field!
    I don't believe it would be any disgrace or embarressment to him, simply a great way for him to contribute to the team in a way that he really isn't at the moment.

Warming the Bench
    In all a great performance but besides that what a great turn out again by Swans supporters.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    In all a great performance but besides that what a great turn out again by Swans supporters.
    what was the attendance? i didn't see it at the ground.

Plenty of red and white might on site, it was a delight ;d

Never a more pleasing game at the footy, than sitting back at quarter time. Knowing we will win, and letting it all wash over me.

Those Essendon sooks take the cake. I thought North supporters had the biggest victims mentality. Wowee.........
    BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. "Give em another free ump" yadda yadda yadda. BOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Suck eggs you flogs, your teams skills were poor, you weren't as hard at the ball, you looked to tackle rather than take possession. And you ended up with more free's, and won most stats on the night. All about execution and desire.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and booing the concussed, vomiting ump: Worst thing i've seen by supporters at the footy. Bar none.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    what was the attendance? i didn't see it at the ground.

Plenty of red and white might on site, it was a delight ;d
    The crowd was around 41,000.

Yes there was plenty of red and white at the game ????. I remember right after the Hanners incident when Tippett had a shot at goal I was posting on here so wasn't looking at him have the shot. Of course there was booing from the bomber supporters and then I heard a really loud cheer so I assumed he had missed the shot until I looked up and realised it was the noise from the swans fans!!

Senior Player
    haha. Yeah we held our own.

Decent crowd!

Good to see Buddy with his kicking boots on.

Blog Entries
    Bonus weekend.
    I got to see the Bombers lose twice.
    Once at Etihad, then again at Windy Hill.

My biggest pleasure was telling the one-eyed, die-hard Essendon supporter at work (that mouthed off all day Friday) that all the drugs in the world still doesn't help.
    Great game.

Leave Goodesy alone. He'll get his groove back on.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    My biggest pleasure was telling the one-eyed, die-hard Essendon supporter at work (that mouthed off all day Friday) that all the drugs in the world still doesn't help.
    Great game.

heheheh that is so awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Great game.

There is a Bombers supporter at work, I've been humming (badly off key I'll admit) the Drugs Don't Work, by the Verve every time she's around
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Had this flog sitting in front of me whinging about everything, giving it to Goodsey all night. When he got up to leave at the half way mark of the last qtr, I asked (in a very nice way of course, well as nice as I could possibly be to an Essendon fan), Are you off to show cause to ASADA?

He wanted to make a comment back but I think he was at least smart enough to realise that he had nothing. That's the thing with Essendon supporters they know their club is dying a slow death or at best heading toward a considerable period of time where they wont be able to compete and there is nothing they can do about it. We should never feel pity for them. They bought this on themselves.