Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Three weeks of destiny

Three weeks of destiny

How exciting is it to be entering a three week stretch against the top three on the ladder with an in-form, healthy playing roster? (I'm touching wood as I type).
    It feels good to be going into it with optimism rather than anxiety.
    Anyone (else) tipping a clean sweep?

v Geelong Swans by 17
    v Gold Coast Swans by 12
    v Port Swans by 21

Weather looks clear for Thursday, too.

On another note, I wish the reserves were playing on Thursday evening as a curtain raiser. It would have been great to slide down to the SCG straight from work to keep an eye on the form of what is an increasingly fascinating group of players.

Pushing for Selection
    Happy to win 2 out of 3 of those. Go the Bloods!
    Using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I wasn't expecting to win the last 2 games after the way we started.
    Now I see no reason why we can't win all 3.

Geelong are not as consistent as they have been.
    Suns play an exciting brand of footy, and have plenty of skill, but are still lacking in experience at times. Making silly mistakes.
    Port were awesome on Friday and seem to play on at all costs and take the game on. They take huge risks, and it has been paying off. Huge risks against the right team could be costly.

Really hard to predict. I'm quietly confident but I also feel that our wins against quality opposition were slightly tainted by circumstance (Freo - injuries, out of form; Hawks - injury depleted).

For me, the Port Adelaide game is the real test on how our season is going.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by O'Reilly Boy View Post
    How exciting is it to be entering a three week stretch against the top three on the ladder with an in-form, healthy playing roster? (I'm touching wood as I type).
    It feels good to be going into it with optimism rather than anxiety.
    Anyone (else) tipping a clean sweep?

v Geelong Swans by 17
    v Gold Coast Swans by 12
    v Port Swans by 21

Weather looks clear for Thursday, too.

On another note, I wish the reserves were playing on Thursday evening as a curtain raiser. It would have been great to slide down to the SCG straight from work to keep an eye on the form of what is an increasingly fascinating group of players.
    Ressies play at Drummoyne Oval Saturday which should be quite accessible for everyone. Better than Blacktown anyway

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Really hard to predict. I'm quietly confident but I also feel that our wins against quality opposition were slightly tainted by circumstance (Freo - injuries, out of form; Hawks - injury depleted).

For me, the Port Adelaide game is the real test on how our season is going.
    We have two great assets for the fight against Port:

1) Nick Smith will do a great job on Winguard.

2) Our four key forwards will overwhelm the Port key defence. The key is getting the ball effectively into the forward line to expose the Port key defence. Sam Reid can also be used to tag Westoff who is quite good on all parts of the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Ressies play at Drummoyne Oval Saturday which should be quite accessible for everyone. Better than Blacktown anyway
    What a beautiful place to watch footy. Pack the picnic blanket, a bottle of wine and a basket of goodies.

Wish I was in Sydney to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    We have two great assets for the fight against Port:

1) Nick Smith will do a great job on Winguard.

2) Our four key forwards will overwhelm the Port key defence. The key is getting the ball effectively into the forward line to expose the Port key defence. Sam Reid can also be used to tag Westoff who is quite good on all parts of the ground.
    Key to beating Port are two fold
    1) Make sure our midfield at least breaks even.
    2) Contain their small forwards.

If its wet, they will cream us, but if its dry our forward line should dominate, and given enough opportunity will kick a winning score.

They will try and expose Laider, Ted and Grundy's lack of pace. The backline will be under massive pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    They will try and expose Laider, Ted and Grundy's lack of pace. The backline will be under massive pressure.
    Only if it gets down there!

Swans to win all 3 comfortably........then drop the next 2.

I love all of the enthusiasm but for mine it's 1 game at a time. Overcome Geelong then concentrate on Gold Coast. Let's not get ahead of ourselves remember Giants and North this year.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I love all of the enthusiasm but for mine it's 1 game at a time. Overcome Geelong then concentrate on Gold Coast. Let's not get ahead of ourselves remember Giants and North this year.
    +1. Sounds boring, but one game at a time. It's not rocket science. Work, run and commit harder for longer, take your chances, and the results will follow. At the end of the day, these are just warm up games for the big contests in September.

Bugger "One game at a time". I love looking at blocks of games..

I'm with you O'Reilly Boy, excellent thread..

This is a dream scenario, fit and firing healthy team, up against the best of the rest...With 2 games at our home, the wonderful SCG.

Predictions:

V Geelong, Swans by 19
    V Gold Coast, Swans by 43
    V Port, Swans by 1
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast