Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 13 V PORT

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by annew View Post
    Franklin cleared
    Phew ????.

I remember that it was Tippett's right knee that was injured last year and this time it was his left. So at least it's not the same injury. I was hoping we would get a report on Tippett, McGlynn and Mitchell (who I think re-injured his right ankle).

Suspended by the MRP
    Franklin cleared. I still think they should go for a small to replace Tippett if he is injured.

Out - Tippett

In - Brandon Jack to the Subs vest

Pyke still needs another week in the reserves to work up to the fitness required to carry the ruck solo.

I can't believe anyone thought that Franklin would get suspended. There was no contact to the head and he didn't extend his arm. Perfect technique and he didn't pick on a short guy. Tippett will be fine and there will be no change to the XXII.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I can't believe anyone thought that Franklin would get suspended. There was no contact to the head and he didn't extend his arm. Perfect technique and he didn't pick on a short guy. Tippett will be fine and there will be no change to the XXII.
    It's getting tiring each week to read the media beat-ups about whether Franklin will get suspended after each game he plays. The newspapers and the AFL's media arm seem to WANT him to be suspended. Poor bugger, playing under such breathless scrutiny each week.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    .... Poor bugger, playing under such breathless scrutiny each week.
    ... And the opposition's best defender hanging off his neck each week with no umpire protection :-(
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Poor bugger
    Not in a financial sense at least.
    -

Pyke in for derickx. Lets be honest, Tom is a plodder. Hes filled in admirably, but our midfield are winning because they are roving to the opposition ruckman, not ours.

if tippet misses, id bring in membrey or towers.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Towers is injured

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Pyke in for derickx. Lets be honest, Tom is a plodder. Hes filled in admirably, but our midfield are winning because they are roving to the opposition ruckman, not ours.

if tippet misses, id bring in membrey or towers.
    Tough on Derrickx

He's been better than that.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    Tough on Derrickx

He's been better than that.
    +1
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Our team is so well balanced at the moment you need to replace like for like. If Tippett is out I would bring in Pyke or Nankervis at FF. If Benny is rested due to concussion than another midfielder needs to come in and I think Robinsons hardness and form deserves to be rewarded.
    As for Wingard, one a bit out of left field, how about Jetta goes to him. Makes Wingard accountable and drags him out of the forward line when Jetta is on the counter attack. I would like to see him running up and down the wing all game. I think Jetta can match him aerially as well. Something to debate anyway.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast