Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jake Carlisle

Jake Carlisle

Teddy Richards has 2015 in him before he retires, so we need to plan for our next key defender.

If jake Carlisle from essendon gets suspended for a year by ASADA, he will be fresh for 2016. He's on the outer at essendon and if he gets suspended will want out. We could trade for him at the end of next year, and sit out the years ban. This would make him cheap, and, like Tippett, still fit into our schedule of needing a new key defender in 2016.

I don't think any of the players from essendon will get a year ban from the AFL. ASADA may try to enforce this but the AFL will most likely protect their players IMO.

If ASADA says you're out, you are out. Nothing the AFL can do about it

after seeing Shaw and Mal come back strongly post knee ops.........I am very hopeful for AJ and he can go to the gym 24/7 to beef up thru 2014/2015

Grundy has some time in him still

Ted maybe 2015 and 2016 ?

Aliir is a serious contender along with AJ for a future KPP and then bay ted "X" is in 2nd gear looking to create havoc the next couple of years too

so screw Carlisle !

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Suspended by the MRP
    Great stuff Barry. I raised Carlisle earlier in another forum and I'm delighted that you have put it on the agenda. Thanks also to Ludwig for his support on Carlisle.

We have to wait for ASADA but I say go for him for 2015. Give Essendon Tom Mitchell and our 2nd round pick for him. Remember that the Bombers need to get back into the early rounds of the draft.

Carlisle would demand a reasonable salary, but I think getting out of Essendon, playing your preferred position, being part of a strong, successful, and uncorrupted culture would sway him.

The lure of a Bondi Beach lifestyle would also help wash away the stress of the last two years.

He would give our defence an edge for the next decade.

We have added Tippett and Franklin the last two years and we can be bold again.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Great stuff Barry. I raised Carlisle earlier in another forum and I'm delighted that you have put it on the agenda. Thanks also to Ludwig for his support on Carlisle.

We have to wait for ASADA but I say go for him for 2015. Give Essendon Tom Mitchell and our 2nd round pick for him. Remember that the Bombers need to get back into the early rounds of the draft.

Carlisle would demand a reasonable salary, but I think getting out of Essendon, playing your preferred position, being part of a strong, successful, and uncorrupted culture would sway him.

The lure of a Bondi Beach lifestyle would also help wash away the stress of the last two years.

I'd doubt we could afford him.

I think we'll be able to afford to keep our own stars but any external recruits will be largely recycled players a la Derrickx and Laidler.

I think long term that is the ley, that we will have a batch of home grown talent coming through when KT finishes up his contract.

Great Idea. And since he would be out of all competition in 2015 he can continue taking steroids and join the Swans really bulked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post

OMG what's with this semi-pathological obsession with Bondi & (separately) Mitchell bashing? Tom is a 20 year old kid who (although sustaining more than his fair share of injuries so far) is a rising star nominee who has demonstrated a propensity for accumulating possessions & quick hands. He's only played 18 games and should be given the opportunity to develop a little before you consider flogging him off at the trade table. As for Bondi ... it's a BEACH

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Great Idea. And since he would be out of all competition in 2015 he can continue taking steroids and join the Swans really bulked up.
    LoL

Suspended by the MRP
    Fair crack people. I'm not Tom Mitchell bashing. I think he is a very good prospect. The problem for Tom is that we have an abundance of powerful midfield options. He should be playing ones but our midfield depth is keeping him out. He may not want to keep playing in the NEAFl.
    We now have Jake Lloyd not to mention Zak Jones and George Hewitt in the 2s. We have Lloyd Perris on the Rookie List who had the Clubs greatest ever Chairman and Senior Coach in a public slanging match. We have a multitude if midfield talent coming through. People say that Issac Heeney is another great midfielder to come through high in the draft.

When you have huge depth and talent in one area of the field sometimes it's prudent to trade some of that talent to become stronger in a weaker ageing other part of the field (key position defence). To keep Mitchell and other talented midfielders in the twos is like keeping Josh Kennedy at Box Hill.

I'm not bashing Mitchell if I think he had good value at the Trade Table. I'm thinking of this like a business.

Any person on this forum who does not want to acknowledge the great appeal that Bondi and other Eastern Suburb beaches hold for Young AFL players is not understanding what makes young men tick. It's a wonderful lifestyle and they do consider these attractions when making decisions. You think I have a pathological obsession, I tend to think I'm well informed!

ASADA is still to hand down its final findings and I have always maintained that any future recruitment of Bombers players will depend on that.

Not saying we should get Carlisle, more just a general trade scenario, but we could offer our 1st round pick. Chances are that Heeney would cost our first round pick in the draft. Is there anything stopping us from trading our 1st and 2nd round picks for a player and then using our first pick on Heeney in the third round? Or do academy/father son picks need to be confirmed before the trade period? I think the salary cap will prevent us from getting anymore gun players this off season.
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

Matt you do have an obsession about Bondi and it is getting tiresome. Give it a rest for a while.

Goes up to 11
    Our midfield depth is not keeping Tom out. He's been injured and has had a limited preseason which is exacerbated by the fact that he is still young and has had some injuries issues in the past. He is certainly part of our best 22 when he is fit and talk if trading him, or of him requesting a trade, is pure speculation. He is a massive part of the future of this club, and we're talking 10 years and not just a season or two.

I wouldn't get too fixated on such baseless speculation......

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast