Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction fr Port game

There is obviously an optimal time to play games at the SCG to maximize crowds. Probably Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Same as Saturday night is the only slot that suits ANZ.

I wish the AFL draw actually took this in to account. Maybe they will with the soft crowd figures this year.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It was a wonderful game, and a wonderful sight to see the stands so full. Completely tricked by the new stands, had no idea it would be announced as >40k!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    It was a wonderful game, and a wonderful sight to see the stands so full. Completely tricked by the new stands, had no idea it would be announced as >40k!
    Wait until we have a capacity crowd of 47,000 at the SCG! How good will that be?

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.a...ng-capacities/
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Wait until we have a capacity crowd of 47,000 at the SCG! How good will that be?

http://www.sydneycricketground.com.a...ng-capacities/
    I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately. It would need all SCG members and swans members to show.

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    I don't think that will ever happen unfortunately. It would need all SCG members and swans members to show.
    If it's a final, it would be a full house. Remember the Geelong final in 2005? Awesome night.

Just have to get rid of ANZ contract first...
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    There is obviously an optimal time to play games at the SCG to maximize crowds. Probably Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Same as Saturday night is the only slot that suits ANZ.

I wish the AFL draw actually took this in to account. Maybe they will with the soft crowd figures this year.
    Thursday night seemed to do okay to.

The fact that we played a team that, while top of the ladder, doesn't have a lot of Sydney-based supporters makes the crowd size all the more significant. Noone can argue that the number was inflated by 10,000 away fans. Shame the precinct is so unable to cope with a crowd of that size in terms of getting everyone away. The bus queues were ridiculous but I know that was nothing compared to the wait those who drove had to endure.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The fact that we played a team that, while top of the ladder, doesn't have a lot of Sydney-based supporters makes the crowd size all the more significant. Noone can argue that the number was inflated by 10,000 away fans. Shame the precinct is so unable to cope with a crowd of that size in terms of getting everyone away. The bus queues were ridiculous but I know that was nothing compared to the wait those who drove had to endure.
    Very true. Melbourne-based teams tend to have more supporters who go to games in Sydney than those of other states.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post

I'm STILL in the car park!
    Awesome game and fantastic crowd but the SCG Trust & the Entertainment quarter need to do something about the parking, we waited over an hour to be able to get the car out of the Ent Quarter car park-it was close to 7pm before we got out
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    I'm STILL in the car park!
    Awesome game and fantastic crowd but the SCG Trust & the Entertainment quarter need to do something about the parking, we waited over an hour to be able to get the car out of the Ent Quarter car park-it was close to 7pm before we got out
    Parking at the SCG really is close to ridiculous. We once had our car start to overheat trying to get out of the EQ car park because the wait was just so, so long and we had to eventually find a way to creep to a parking spot to let it cool. It wasn't that old, and it was the only time it has ever happened- I had the cooling doubled checked and it was given the thumbs up, the mechanic suggested it must have just been put through an extreme situation.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

the traffic around the SCG was plain horrendous! We walked past cars with fans and they were frustrated with how long they were stuck in traffic before the game

Quote Originally Posted by DamY View Post
    the traffic around the SCG was plain horrendous! We walked past cars with fans and they were frustrated with how long they were stuck in traffic before the game
    It took over an hour to get from the Harbour Bridge to the car park, it was terrible.
    End of the day we spent more time in the car than at the stadium
    Again it was a fantastic game but the SCG trust & the Entertainment Quarter need to do something to manage flow of traffic
    We left Epping at 12:20 and missed the first bounce, got to the car 20 mins after the final siren & got back to Epping at 7:50.
    Moore Park being where it is and Swans fans being as spread out as we are they need to assume at least 50% of the crowd will drive, currently the Ent. Center car park & the grass parking outside the stadium all feed out to the same point creating chaos, all going to plan the swans will have 30+ crowds at every game, they need to be planning how to cope with the access traffic
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast