Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Way to promote AFL in NSW - NOT

Way to promote AFL in NSW - NOT

Why was 73MATE showing Bris V North Melb in NSW when there was a Sydney Derby on a Saturday night?
    I have Foxtel but for those who don't it should have been a big disappointment

Pushing for Selection
    I thought that as well when I got home from the game to watch the replay my daughter had taped for me. I fast forwarded through all of the pre game hype of the other match cursing the fact they weren't showing the Sydney game. But they picked up the Sydney match just before the players came onto the ground. Phew!

Senior Player
    It was the Sydney game showed on 7Mate in Sydney

My apologies. I was at the game so recorded the Fox Footy version of the game itself, but recorded the pre-game from 73Mate as I find that more interesting than the Foxtel version.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    I think the broadcast rights stipulate that Seven must show all Sydney games live, and I'm assuming the same applies for GWS (no matter who they are playing). I remember when Seven, just prior to adding their new digital channels, would start Sydney games late and do a mini 'highlight' style catch up until they were back 'live'. They just chopped bits straight out of the first two quarters and re-edited it as clean, shortened quarter. Always happened whenever the V8's clashed. VERY annoying, until the AFL cracked down on it.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

I was going to post a reply to "chins" Maguire's rant addressing & refuting most of his gripes, but life is too short (& the reply would've been too long). The sooner the vocal whining presidents like Eddie & (to an admittedly lesser extent) Koch go (or at least pull their heads in), the better IMO .... though I won't hold my breath, coz the brain can only go without oxygen for so long

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    I was going to post a reply to "chins" Maguire's rant addressing & refuting most of his gripes, but life is too short (& the reply would've been too long). The sooner the vocal whining presidents like Eddie & (to an admittedly lesser extent) Koch go (or at least pull their heads in), the better IMO .... though I won't hold my breath, coz the brain can only go without oxygen for so long
    I hope goswannies your ready for a public lashing from matt80 after saying that about the great Australia Kochie!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    As Mark Robinson said in the Herald Sun....it's not the Collingwood Football League and he should stop whining.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    As Mark Robinson said in the Herald Sun....it's not the Collingwood Football League and he should stop whining.
    Does Mark Robinson also apply the same rules to his beloved Essendon.

I'd be punting Brayshaw before Koch. I think Kochie has done a very good job at keeping his two hats separate and there's not doubt he has done a terrific job at Port.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    I hope goswannies your ready for a public lashing from matt80 after saying that about the great Australia Kochie!
    haha yup waiting for it! But I did caveat it with "lesser extent" & IMO (it's only MY opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I'd be punting Brayshaw before Koch. I think Kochie has done a very good job at keeping his two hats separate and there's not doubt he has done a terrific job at Port.
    Yup JB Is another one. Something about club presidents who have had Footy Show involvement ...

& Koch has been good for Port, but I personally find any media "personality" Presidents will take some opportunity to promote their club (why not, I guess) but it doesn't mean it won't irritate me. EMcG & JB just won't stop, DK gets a bit much when you live in a two team state SA.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast