Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Swans v Eagles march thread

Parker probably played his best game today. I thought Benny was very close second. Gutsy, hard player who never stops trying.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post

Jetta doubters should hang their heads in shame. He looked like he was playing dry weather footy out there; his footing, speed and finesse was superb.
    Wasn't he great today - the way he made space when there appeared to be none was superb - it was great watching him use his pace in tight and deftly stepping through packs.

Excellent performance today by the whole team. Some really good tackle stats by some of our youngsters was pleasing too.....

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    I agree - we should complain to the AFL about the umpiring.

It was one of the worse umpiring exhibitions I have ever seen. Razor was well just Razor. But the other two - Farmer and O'Gorman were just cheats and completely one eyed in favour the of Weagles. They were kept in the game but some very very soft free kicks in their ford line while Buddy was pushed, shoved all over the place.
    O'Gorman's free kick against Buddy near half time lead to a potential 12 point turnover, certainly no less than a 7 point turnover. It was not just a mistake. It was so below the standards expected at this level that O'Gorman should be demoted, and the Umpires should formally apologize to the Sydney Swans Football Club.

The Swans should also send a "please explain" to the Umpires. A mere "that was a mistake" line is not good enough.

Best were: parker, mcglyn and longmire.

We can win wet weather games when the first two are playing and longmire gets team selection right

Veterans List
    Great gutsy win today, shows we can do it the hard way. A million miles from that insipid dumb wet weather performance vs the Roos earlier in the year. And yes, I too had forgotten the time-honoured tradition that the Eagles get a 5 goal start in these contests at Subi.

Huge kudos to most of the team but especially Parker, Bird, Benny, Teddy, Jetts, and Mal. Mighty effort.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Luke Parker is the best under 23 midfielder in the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    seriously, what does Buddy have to do to get a free kick? This has been going on for weeks.. If an opposition player touches Abblett, Judd or Watson, the umpires immediately blow their whistle,they are protected, but Buddy, the best forward in the game, is treated abysmally.

The Swans must complain to the AFL about the lack of protection given to Buddy. There is a chance that he could get injured because of the umpires lack of care...

Wake up AFL and please complain Swans admin.
    I'm glad it's been brought to the attention of some in the AFL.. this garbage happens every week

Longmires free kick query
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Veterans List
    I thought Rampe played a top game.
    McGlynn played about the best game I have seen him play. Good that he got 2 goals in the 2nd half after he missed 3 in the first half. Clearly the midfield is his best position. I thought that he might not have the tank for it any more. Is a huge bonus in the midfield.
    How underrated is Craig Bird. Good centre clearance work.
    Lloyd had a very good last quarter.
    Who said Goodesy was gone? I didn't see a brain fade from him today. Super dangerous up front.
    I reckon Jetta has been okay all season but he has gone up a cog. Great that he is running into some top form.
    102 tackles. 2012 GF standard. Apparently had the most contested possessions on record. I think 197.

On the Rookie List
    Very satisfying win at Subi in spite of some atrocious umpiring decisions. I'm afraid the home town decisions are an integral part of the game that you have to overcome. We were always in control of this game and should have won by a greater margin. Still, in the past we might have let the umpires get us down but we rose above it.
    Very frustrating to see Buddy being manhandled without getting any umpire protection. My concern is that his retaliation might cause a suspension so he really needs to cool it.
    Thought the whole team went well although the defenders were terrific. Now got eleven on the trot and a bit of respite with a home game against the Blues before an absolutely massive game against the Hawks at the G. Heard Basil Zempilas say that three times before we've won twelve in a row. So the game against the Hawks will constitute a new club record if we can win that.
    Run2Live,Live2Run

Veteran Site Admin
    Can we please keep the discussion of drugs and compassion towards those afflicted away from the match day thread. I've moved all posts mentioning drugs to their own thread in the Current Affairs forum. Unfortunately that means a tiny bit of footy talk has also moved.

Suspended by the MRP
    If Travis Cloke was treated like Buddy I could guess what would be happening at 9.00am on Monday!

Quote Originally Posted by shaun.. View Post
    I'm glad it's been brought to the attention of some in the AFL.. this garbage happens every week

Longmires free kick query
    I especially liked his response at 7:30.