Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: We've had enough McGuire!

I think we are about to see a few ex players stand up to Eddie

No one can hold themselves to be more important then the game for long at all

He is right on the edge of a few snr ex players telling him to pull his head in and now !

Sheedy gave it to the Clown Prince and I suspect a few more will be tackling Eddie very soon.............he has weakened his position to negotiate amongst the club CEOs and the AFL........every time he rants and raves again they will play the man and not the ball !

His kids must seriously love going to school and playing footy !

I feel sorry for them

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Used to give Eddie some credit for being cunning like a rat, albeit with low baseline intelligence. But now I think he is just a buffoon and a racist one at that. Pridham is running rings around him and I think he would be well advised to put a sock in it before he makes even more of an idiot of himself.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Eddie is just pissed that we gave them jesse white

We need the government to make it necessary for eddie to have a passport to enter NSW. We can call it the Eddieport. He is only allowed to come in via Sydney Airport and he can only stay for as long as the Swans Collingwood match lasts then has to leave the state. About time we told this person of low ethic (he works for FOX) we don't want him here. The reason he is making so much fuss is he is making a bid for the AFL Presidency and we are an easy target. He has also been very loose with the truth. In fact he has outright lied to gain a headline. But what can you expect from a bloke that has been in the media for as long as he has and has worked for Rupert and Kerry. Enough said I think.

The best put down was when he called eddie a game-show host. Which is about it. I dont think "failed CEO, who was run out of Sydney" would be on his CV.

Short summary to this whole thread - Eddie is a @@@@ing idiot!
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Here's the latest article where Andrew Pridham is saying pretty much what we have been saying here on RWO; that Eddie is a bringing the game down by having a crack at everyone. I've been calling it a blight on the game.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...714-zt77h.html

It must be widely recognised that something is not right in Eddie's head, but everyone is afraid to do anything serious about it. How many media personalities have gotten away with some pretty awful stuff (e.g., Rolf Harris) because no one had the courage to speak up. It may sound radical to some, but Eddie has to be ejected for any involvement in AFL. That's the only way to settle this.

One suggestion is a letter writing campaign by the 4 northern clubs to their respective team managements requesting that there not be any Collingwood games scheduled in their towns. That will give the clubs some ammo to take to the AFL Commission.

Pridham's comments quoted in The Age article are more measured and appropriate I think than his Twitter outbursts. Not sure that Twitter is the right medium for the president of an AFL club to use to defend his club.

Eddie comes from Broadmeadows, which like it's sister suburb Bundoora is a very rough place, they play the man not the ball. These are some of the most homophobic, racist and rough places in Melbourne. At one stage one in every two houses had a family member in prison. You grow up fast and learn to lie, cheat or talk your way out of trouble. They have painted his rise as the true rags to riches story, which in a way it is. But sometimes people who come up hard are just hard people. They never leave the streets behind and a street mauler often doesn't care what is right, only what is important to them. To have no money and then earn a lot of money, makes some people crave power and not want to let it go. Once wealth is attained then there is only power, absolute power is the ultimate goal. I'm not saying Eddie falls into this category of course. But he is on just about every program on Telly, on radio, has a column in a newspaper and is constantly wanting attention. He is president of Collingwood, was CEO of Nine, has a media business that is a multi million dollar concern, is one of Australia's richest men, wants to be President of the AFL. Maybe Prime minister would not be out of the question for Eddie, I hear the Libs are trying to dump Abbott.

Veterans List
    Eddie has been getting worse as Collingwood has started to slide. He made an error of judgement IMO booting out Malthouse because he's in love with Buckley and it's turned into a nighmare for him.

Eddie sees the writing on the wall, Collingwood are in decline with little hope of moving back up in the next few years whilst the Swans look set for a golden period and GWS and Gold Coast will surge up the ladder in the next few years.

So he lashes out at everyone he thinks is hurting Collingwood but hopes to disguise the attacks as equalisation debate. No club has more advantages than Collingwood but Eddie refuses to see it. His complete failure to recognise facts/distort reality in his ravings are making his ravings less effective with the real thinking powerbrokers of the AFL.

Impressed with Pridham's well thought out and measured comments against the scattergun rantings of McGuire. I really think that McGuire is losing traction at AFL House, don't think they are impressed with his media ravings and maybe they now realise they have caved into him in the past, to their detriment.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Eddie has been getting worse as Collingwood has started to slide. He made an error of judgement IMO booting out Malthouse because he's in love with Buckley and it's turned into a nighmare for him.

Eddie sees the writing on the wall, Collingwood are in decline with little hope of moving back up in the next few years whilst the Swans look set for a golden period and GWS and Gold Coast will surge up the ladder in the next few years.

So he lashes out at everyone he thinks is hurting Collingwood but hopes to disguise the attacks as equalisation debate. No club has more advantages than Collingwood but Eddie refuses to see it. His complete failure to recognise facts/distort reality in his ravings are making his ravings less effective with the real thinking powerbrokers of the AFL.

Impressed with Pridham's well thought out and measured comments against the scattergun rantings of McGuire. I really think that McGuire is losing traction at AFL House, don't think they are impressed with his media ravings and maybe they now realise they have caved into him in the past, to their detriment.
    Agreed. Pridham's winning the battle here. For what it's worth, Gerard and Robbo just said we're winning the fight....

Sheedy has bought in at news.com
    You don't ban those who supported your opponent, you make them wallow in their loserdom by covering your victory! You sit them in the front row. You give them a hat! Toby Ziegler

Page 9 of 90 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast