Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Sweeping changes' to Academy and Father/Son bidding system

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I wondering what will inspire the next bout of Swans trash talking.
    I would suspect a more general back hander, along the lines of....."We can't be giving clubs decades of unfair advantages, like the Swans have enjoyed."

The purpose of such crap is to convince their own fans, that this the only reason the Swans have performed better than their respective clubs....

Nothing to do with management, recruiting, culture etc....Just decades of downright favouritism and cheating.
    Last edited by ernie koala; 21st July 2014 at 04:43 PM.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Eddie is upset that the Footy Show isn't played in NSW Schools ....

Quote Originally Posted by MomentByMoment View Post
    Eddie is upset that the Footy Show isn't played in NSW Schools ....
    It is, but it's a different code.

Why doesn't Eddie work on a project to get the AFL version of the Footy Show shown in prime time in NSW and Queensland.

1. That COLA is to be phased out and not cut immediately.
    2. The introduction of housing subsidy for Sydney teams.
    3. That the Swans have the best looking players.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    It is, but it's a different code.

Why doesn't Eddie work on a project to get the AFL version of the Footy Show shown in prime time in NSW and Queensland.
    No, no. That would put anyone off, especially sane parents, from wanting anything to do with AFL
    Last edited by rojo; 21st July 2014 at 05:50 PM. Reason: doesn't make sense

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    No, no. That would put anyone off, especially sane parents, from wanting anything to do with AFL
    What was I thinking?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Another pathetic set up on his show tonight...(I hang my head in shame and have told myself ...don't watch it, lifes too short.)

Poor excuse for a human...Derm...Reading from a script I presume, says " Gee Sydney just have every good player, it's frightening" ...

To which Eddie quickly chimes in,"not yet they don't, still got the kids to come, seriously", he says shaking his head.

He reminds me of that obnoxious singing bass my young daughter had on her bedroom wall years ago....It just never shut up. Looked a bit like him too.

Ironically it sung the song..'Don't worry, be happy', every time you entered the room. It would make an excellent gift for Eddie.
    Yeh, I saw the start of that show and I swear all I could see of Brererton was the soles of his shoes.

Opti-pessi-misti
    How to get another round of Swan bashing going?

A tweet from Andrew Pridham saying, 'Stuff Eddie McGuire!' Maybe not worth it. Too much like getting down to his level and beneath the dignity of the Swans' President. Could put it on a banner though!!
    Last edited by rojo; 21st July 2014 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Wrong quote

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    I thought Gillon McIineffectual told him to stop slagging off the Swans? Does this mean Andrew can make like a budgie and Tweet?
    GMc would not have got the gig if he didn't sing from the same music sheet as AD. It has always been the way since the National Competetion was born.

- - - Updated - - -

I think we'll get a reasonable outcome on this. The AFL is more sensible than the parochial Victorian club presidents, who want to kill the goose and the golden eggs (yeah, obvious Swans pun there).

The AFL knows it has to give the northern clubs enough incentive to keep the academies running or they'll close. McGuire and Newbold aren't exactly brimming with ideas about how to attract new players in NSW and Qld. In that vacuum the status quo will survive, with some kind of cap and quota system.

Premiership[.

Veterans List
    I notice the AFL Head legal man is in charge of the F-S/Academy review.

Not sure if that would always be the case or whether there are legal ramifications/implications trying to change the established bidding system at the 11th hour so he is the one heading it up.

Be interesting to know whether the documents setting up the Academies allowed for a change to the bidding system.

Anyone see that prized @@@@@ Alistair Clarkson bagging us and wanting a Hawks Academy is Sydney.

What a knob....

I really an starting to not listen to Fox Footy

Sounds like all the Melbourne coaches had a lovely fireside chat with Gillon

Yes I saw Clarko. He didn't bag us directly, but his comments about everyone getting academies were ridiculous. It's a shame Longmire couldn't make the coaches meeting last week.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast