Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our injuries

Alex Johnson has only just had his LARS surgery? And he's a week behind Perris? I must have lost track somewhere between his second and third knee injuries.

Cameron confirmed that both Johnson, who endured his third reconstruction in two seasons, and Perris opted for LARS procedures.

?Alex had a LARS procedure,? he said.

?He had his surgery on Monday, so his rehab really starts in earnest now in the next day or two.

?He?ll be up and going after that.

?Lloyd had ruptured his cruciate ligament which he had repaired a couple of years ago when he had a traditional reco.

?This time he?s had a LARS reco and he?s going really well and is a week in front of Alex.

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    Alex Johnson has only just had his LARS surgery? And he's a week behind Perris? I must have lost track somewhere between his second and third knee injuries.

Cameron confirmed that both Johnson, who endured his third reconstruction in two seasons, and Perris opted for LARS procedures.

?Alex had a LARS procedure,? he said.

?He had his surgery on Monday, so his rehab really starts in earnest now in the next day or two.

?He?ll be up and going after that.

?Lloyd had ruptured his cruciate ligament which he had repaired a couple of years ago when he had a traditional reco.

?This time he?s had a LARS reco and he?s going really well and is a week in front of Alex.
    AJ had conventional Knee Recon but it didn't take so he did LARS. Then he did his knee in the first round against UWS reserves so this is his third procedure. Hopefully his last. He has only just had surgery because he went to the States on holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    23 weeks? Must be a bad hammy!
    While I get the joke, Tommy Walsh missed about that many with his avulsion hamstring injury last season

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    While I get the joke, Tommy Walsh missed about that many with his avulsion hamstring injury last season
    Good point!

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    AJ had conventional Knee Recon but it didn't take so he did LARS. Then he did his knee in the first round against UWS reserves so this is his third procedure. Hopefully his last. He has only just had surgery because he went to the States on holiday.
    THanks Wolfie and that's sort of what I thought. But holiday or not, that's 19 weeks between the injury and the latest LARS. THat seems a lot.

I'm sure there's a good medical reason for it.

THanks Wolfie and that's sort of what I thought. But holiday or not, that's 19 weeks between the injury and the latest LARS. THat seems a lot.

Usually if there is swelling and/or inflammation, surgery is delayed. Similarly, any signs of infection (determined by symptoms and/or blood tests)

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    I wouldn't take any notice of Goodesy training with the off-legs group...I doubt he has completed both main sessions in a week for quite some time now. His training load would be vastly different to most other players.

Long Term Injury List

I seem to recall, earlier in the season, there was mention in one of the club's articles that AJ was given the time to not only give his knee time to settle but also to give him a break to think about what he wanted to do. It must have been so hard mentally to face a reco and rehab all over again after the last time. All the players talk about how hard the 'rehab dungeon' can be.

Blog Entries
    The official AFL Injury list hasn't been updated this week yet?!?!?!?!

Happy and I know it
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    The official AFL Injury list hasn't been updated this week yet?!?!?!?!
    Maybe they'll wait until the complete round is finished?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by erica View Post
    Maybe they'll wait until the complete round is finished?
    Could be.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12