Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micky O on Game Day on 7 mate

Micky O on Game Day on 7 mate

Michael O'Loughlin making his debut.

He's gorgeous isn't he. And the Grey Fox still hasn't lost his appeal.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    I loved when they were talking about the academies and Harley said there have been some uneducated comments from Victorian teams ????.

Yes it's true but the uneducated slurs and comments keep coming re: COLA argument., I wish the hierarchy at AFL would show some fortitude and debunk these accusations.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Yes it's true but the uneducated slurs and comments keep coming re: COLA argument., I wish the hierarchy at AFL would show some fortitude and debunk these accusations.
    Yes, that is exactly what should happen. Or are they scared of the Big E ? He has done some terrible things over the years and always comes through unscathed.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I loved when they were talking about the academies and Harley said there have been some uneducated comments from Victorian teams ??????.
    +1
    I think Magic wanted to say more but maybe didn't trust himself to say it the right way, leave it to Pridham and others.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

It's interesting actually, how it would have panned out if Pridham had decided to say "there have been some uneducated comments from Victorian teams" over and over.
    Probably would have brought the discussion about the details of the academy to the press, rather than the Swans vs Eddie stuff.
    But then again, maybe not...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

I agree with the above.

As soon as Eddie got a rise out of Pridham, he turned it into a personal, unintelligent, slanging match...

Which enabled Eddie to ignore the facts regarding the academies, including how and why they came into existence.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I agree with the above.

As soon as Eddie got a rise out of Pridham, he turned it into a personal, unintelligent, slanging match...

Which enabled Eddie to ignore the facts regarding the academies, including how and why they came into existence.
    +2.

I am pleased Pridham has spoken out but I think his personal aggression has not helped the cause. He is also a new user of Twitter and like many he is using it as a medium for attack rather than for spreading objective factual information.

A calmly worded, factual statement about the Academy setting out the history and reasons for its establishment, its funding and the rationale for the draft bidding process, linked to his and the Swans Twitter accounts, would have been more constructive in my opinion.

Meg if you are taking the politically correct avenue then you are spot on. However as a supporter of the club I was proud that the new club president stood up to Eddie. Andrew Pridham showed the passion and the fact that he wouldn't be intimidated and overawed.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post

In defence of Eddie, he ignores facts pretty much all the time. It was his comment about the Swans "hiding players" away that made Longmire decide he had better things to do in October than spend a month in Ireland with that professional BS artist.

But agree Priddo was a bit too personal about Eddie. But hey, who didn't enjoy the Daily Tele's treatment of it?

Micky O on Game Day on 7 mate

A bit off topic - but I've just cleared my mail box and in it was a certificate from the Swans in recognition of my 5 years membership. The certificate is a bit twee I think but in the accompanying letter (allegedly signed by John Longmire) there is a sentence I really like.

"At the Swans, we strive to be an inclusive, honest, competitive and ultimately successful football club."

I love the inclusion of 'honest' in that sentence. Relevant to both the COLA and academy discussions.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast