Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Craig Bird and Laidler re-sign

Veterans List
    Excellent news - especially Craig.

Now I just want to hear that Mal will be a Swan for life. After all those years waiting for his knees to come right I want all the spoils.

I'll understand if he doesn't but I don't want to hear it.

Hasn't got a lot of love but also very happy about Laidler too. I sometimes completely forget he's only 25-years-old. Very solid defender and hopefully he continues to develop into a Teddy or Grundy replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

Correction: Laidler is only 24. He turns 25 tomorrow.

Birdy did not get given the number 14 for nothing. Alway been well regarded by Swans

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robtorq View Post
    Birdy did not get given the number 14 for nothing. Alway been well regarded by Swans
    Sorry to change the theme, but they were saying on SEN radio that Adam Goodes staging on Friday was disgusting and he should be reported for it. Does any one know what they are talking about???? Is it the free kick in front of goal were he got dragged down?

I watched the game I can't recall the Goodes incident, although he does have form. It couldn't have been worse than Lindsay Thomas' one, that was pathetic

Yes would be that free. Adam made sure ump knew but ridiculous to say it was 'disgusting' or that he should be reported for it. Sadly there are a lot of Goodes haters out there.

Blog Entries
    Still a lot to re-sign according to this list
    Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,2014 AFL Season List
    Which may not be 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Sorry to change the theme, but they were saying on SEN radio that Adam Goodes staging on Friday was disgusting and he should be reported for it. Does any one know what they are talking about???? Is it the free kick in front of goal were he got dragged down?
    I took another look at the replay. He was definitely held on to, so it was a free. It looked as if he could have been pulled down, but seemed to regain his balance, then (unless he just slipped) seems to have taken a dive. It's a shame that he does this sometimes. It's not a defence, but he wasn't given the call on a mark earlier in the game, and there was also the non-mark call from the previous game, and I suppose you get it in your mind that you need to make sure the ump sees this one.

He's had a few kinks in his game over the years. He gets called out on them because there is an expectation that a Brownlow medalist should perform to a higher level of sportsmanship than other players. Juddy took plenty of heat over the eye gouging as well. Fair enough.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Still a lot to re-sign according to this list
    Sydney Swans RWO Wiki,2014 AFL Season List
    Which may not be 100% accurate.
    Its not. Tom Mitchell is at least signed for next year and Perris was a 2 year deal.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Excellent news - especially Craig.

Now I just want to hear that Mal will be a Swan for life. After all those years waiting for his knees to come right I want all the spoils.

I'll understand if he doesn't but I don't want to hear it.
    I think that now that Bird has resigned that Tom Mitchills Swans future is uncertain despite being contracted.

I think Longmire has worked out that the ideal midfield balance is:

3 slower, inside ball extracting midfielders (Kennedy, Parker, Bird)

2 medium paced inside / outside endurance runners (McVeigh and Hanners)

The rest are speedy and multifaceted (McGlynn, K. Jack, Jetta, Lloyd, Cunningham)

Mitchell can only fit into the slow paced, inside midfield brigade. There are 3 spots that are filled by Kennedy, Parker and Bird. I don't think Longmire will open this section up to include four players to accommodate Mitchill. Mitchill does not have the flexibility of the others. If there is an injury then he can break into one of the three spots.

If Bird, Kennedy, and Parker are fit and in great form next season, then Mitchill may face more reserve time. Added to Mitchills challenges is that Hewitt and Heeney will be pushing as well if they have good pre seasons.

Mitchill will no doubt want to play 20 plus senior games in 2015 if fit and I don't know how they will do that I Kennedy, Parker and Bird are fit and firing in 2015.

Matt, 2 questions;
    1. Have you spoken to horse and he told you his midfield balance?
    2. Have you seen all our midfielders in a race to know who is faster than others?

Just curious how you know these things. Or are they your opinions?

Goes up to 11
    Tom Mitchell's not going anywhere next year, according to a pretty good source:

O'Keefe no given to leave Swans, says Longmire - sydneyswans.com.au

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast