Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Changes Round 22 v Bulldogs

Shaw, Smith and MITCHELL in for Kennedy, Bird and Towers.

Was surprised they still kept Laidler in with the two defenders coming back but really just happy with Mitchell given a chance.

Now just hope he isn't the sub! Hope the ease Shaw in as a sub!

Finally. He's back.

Shaw, Smith and Mitchell in.

Bird, Kennedy, Towers out.
    Three changes for Dogs - sydneyswans.com.au
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Yeah hop mitchell isn't sub but hard to see anyone else playing with the vest on. Hopefully some one is given the red vest early that deserves a rest.

Considering Towers had it last week, it would make sense for a defender to wear it. Two mids have gone out after all. I'd imagine Biggs is the most likely candidate.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by churry View Post
    Yeah hop mitchell isn't sub but hard to see anyone else playing with the vest on. Hopefully some one is given the red vest early that deserves a rest.
    Laidler/ Biggs for sub?

I assume Rohan will move to the wing (for Smith) and McVeigh will go into the middle (for Shaw). Maybe Goodes or Reid as sub?

I think they should play Tippett and Franklin. They've had limited time on the track together this season and Tippett is still working back into form and Buddy had a week off a couple of games ago.

I think playing around with Rohan's position just as he is starting to string some good games together would be a terrible move. Half back suits him to a tee, leave him there and let him shine.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Laidler/ Biggs for sub?
    Yep, that would be my guess, one of these 2, probably Biggs....Though, personally, I hope he gets a full game.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

On the Rookie List
    Sub will be an interesting decision. Im think it has to be a defender with two midfielders out and 2 senior defenders in. Biggs played pretty well first game up this season and yeah, you would say its out of him and Laidler. Laidler is up and down for me (good the last couple though) and I dont have any stats to back this up but at selection, when its a real 50 50 like this I think they have been selecting younger players over the older, maybe less consistent? Ill put money on Laidler for sub even though it would be a strange choice because Laidlers not really the type to come in cold and have an impact.

Veteran Site Admin
    I'd play Shaw as sub. He's been off for a few weeks, so makes sense to ease him into things. He's also experienced enough and with enough flexibility to play in defence or through the midfield (or even up forward) if we need to use him there. I'd test out Biggs in a run-with role on the wing, a bit like he did last week. I am not convinced about moving Rohan out of the defensive half unless we need to shake things up. He's learning a new role and needs a little stability the way he plays and what he is expected to bring to the team. As a running half back, he's expected to move up through the midfield and even forward, at times, so it's not like he has to stay glued within in the back 50m arc, even if that's his starting position. McVeigh is the one with the most experience and flexibility to move around, according to where he's most needed.

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    I agree. Mitchell to come in and Biggs to replace Towers in his role as a tagging forward.
    Ta da! And yes Liz, I agree Shaw as sub because Laidler gives nothing in that position but Shaw is versatile.

Blog Entries
    Great to see Mitchell get a game.

If he tears it up in the 1's it will be tough fitting him in the team once Benny, Birdy, and JPK are back.