Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Judiciary - You're Verdict

Wonder if this one will end up on MMM?????????????? The only difference with this and the Linsen one is the player is facing him. In saying that i reckon he still wasnt expecting an elbow to the face, which i reckon is worse, and as the Run said theres no provacation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by goodnut View Post
    Interesting one coming out of the weekends game between Pennant Hills and St George. Go to the 1 hr 15 sec mark. Young Mudge will be in a bit of trouble by the looks of it

AFL Sydney Qualifying Final - Pennant Hills v St George - YouTube
    Thanks for your contribution mate!

So I expect you will be able to go back through every tape of every single game in every grade, including women's and u/19's and bring every single illegal action by a player to light for this and maybe the past 5 or 6 seasons, so that all of those players who were not dealt with on the ground can be brought to justice?

... or is this it!?

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post

So I expect you will be able to go back through every tape of every single game in every grade, including women's and u/19's and bring every single illegal action by a player to light for this and maybe the past 5 or 6 seasons, so that all of those players who were not dealt with on the ground can be brought to justice?

... or is this it!?
    Agreed - I didn't realise we had the general public reviewing game tapes to sight players these days.

How about we leave this with the Sydney AFL to deal with how they see fit. I would hate for another young bloke to go through the type of social media and general media scrutiny and bullying that Marcus Linsen was subjected to. That IMO was totally out of control and I haven't seen any player at local or state level ever subjected to that type of coverage. He deserved his 7 weeks but certainly didn't deserve everything that went with it.

Young Jessie has clearly done the wrong thing but he is a young player who will hopefully learn a lesson from it. If he is suspended then I'm sure he will know that he has let his team mates down during finals time. From what I have seen of him (which isn't much) he would be in their top 10 players so they certainly need him playing. Would be an interesting discussion at the dinner table if he is suspended......

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post

... or is this it!?
    So what's your point UCM ? If there's film available then should the Sydney AFL MRP be able to use it ? OR do you just say, ' Oh well, the umpires didn't pick it up, so he gets away with it ?'

Quote Originally Posted by justabaraker View Post
    So what's your point UCM ? If there's film available then should the Sydney AFL MRP be able to use it ? OR do you just say, ' Oh well, the umpires didn't pick it up, so he gets away with it ?'
    God forbid JB, they manage to get it amazingly wrong far too often to deny that the hopeless jokes who administer the game need all of the help they can get, but they need it from round 1 through to GF day.

I'm questioning where this self appointed upholder of justice has been all season, and past seasons ... seems to speak authoritatively as one with experience, so is this the ONLY incident to have ever raised his ire ... or is this the only game of SAFL he has ever seen? ... or is he just being selectively motivated by an agenda ...?

Just sayin, if he's a fair dinkum advocate for cleaning up the game, there's plenty of footage out there to pore over, with lots more serious incidents that need to be detected ... or maybe his job is done, and now we will revert to a nonut forum!

Apparently a possible further citing from weekends game outside of what has already been discussed on this forum, i find it hard to fathom that this incident as well as Linsen and Mudge could go unnoticed by all umpires, not draw as much as a free kick and be considered serious enough to draw as much hype as they did and possibly will.
    While i can understand Coastal Boys version in defence of the umpires, surely between the 9 officiating umpires, they could have possibly seen one of them.
    Do they have their eyes painted on.

Maybe we need all games to be streamed and have a MRP look at all footage and report or clear from that footage, not sure why the clubs feel need to cite all of a sudden, whilst incidents were not a good look, no player on the wrong end of them sustained a serious injury.I understand the need to get the cheap rubbish out of our game though and all could have been much worse.

From memory in seasons not so long ago, there was a player from either UNSW or East Coast have his jaw broken by a hit similar to Linsens and the person copped 6 weeks maybe someone out there can recall this.

I see that JMudge is not selected for today's final. Didn't look to be injured after last week and isn't selected for NEAFL. Injured? Dropped? Suspended? Saviour, what's going on?

Quote Originally Posted by wise one View Post
    Apparently a possible further citing from weekends game outside of what has already been discussed on this forum, i find it hard to fathom that this incident as well as Linsen and Mudge could go unnoticed by all umpires, not draw as much as a free kick and be considered serious enough to draw as much hype as they did and possibly will.
    While i can understand Coastal Boys version in defence of the umpires, surely between the 9 officiating umpires, they could have possibly seen one of them.
    Do they have their eyes painted on.

Maybe we need all games to be streamed and have a MRP look at all footage and report or clear from that footage, not sure why the clubs feel need to cite all of a sudden, whilst incidents were not a good look, no player on the wrong end of them sustained a serious injury.I understand the need to get the cheap rubbish out of our game though and all could have been much worse.

From memory in seasons not so long ago, there was a player from either UNSW or East Coast have his jaw broken by a hit similar to Linsens and the person copped 6 weeks maybe someone out there can recall this.
    From memory Jason Coloupas had his jaw badly broken as a result of a king hit by a (ironicaly) UNSWES player who was protected and cuddled by his club as one of god's angels. What a two faced attitude they now display. Linsen got 7 games and deservedly so.
    That is where it should have ended.

I heard he got 4. He was there watching the boys today, good win to get up in the 4th.

7 weeks may not be enough! ... from all accounts the damage caused was far greater than reported here - apparently the victim had developed "delayed amnesia" by the time he was asked to give evidence at the hearing ...

Loopy was king hit by one of those stabilisers on a yacht and spent a bit of time in hospital as a result.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567