Thread: General AFL finals discussion

General AFL finals discussion

It's annoying, I've basically had to stay away from AFL news because it's dominated by Richmond. News flash: we outscored them 2:1 in the last three and a half quarters minus five key personnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    It's annoying, I've basically had to stay away from AFL news because it's dominated by Richmond. News flash: we outscored them 2:1 in the last three and a half quarters minus five key personnel.
    Same here enough to make you puke.

Plus Richmond were gifted 3 goals from 3 charity free kicks. Hope they get thrashed by the PA Ferals.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Hope they get thrashed by the PA Ferals.
    I don't agree with this sentiment.
    Richmond have not had a good last 20 years or so (could be more) but their supporters are still there.

Last year I was a fan of the Tigers and if the Swans didn't win I hoped it would be them.
    Then I changed to hoping Freo would beat the Hawks in the GF because they have never won one.

Not sure this year who I would like to see win (the Swans of course, but after us) this year.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post
    I don't agree with this sentiment.
    Richmond have not had a good last 20 years or so (could be more) but their supporters are still there.

Last year I was a fan of the Tigers and if the Swans didn't win I hoped it would be them.
    Then I changed to hoping Freo would beat the Hawks in the GF because they have never won one.

Not sure this year who I would like to see win (the Swans of course, but after us) this year.
    It'd be funny for the Tigers to knock Port out and it'd give purpose to our loss last week.

Overall I'd like Pav to win a Premiership but I enjoy Ross Lyons continuing to lose. Can someone fix that for me, please?

Hawks - the team is okay but the supporters are so bitter about the Swans in 2012. So never.

Cats - meh.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    If it's not the Swans, then it's Port for me. Superbly led at Board Level.
    Wow Matt we agree on something Ports turn around has been nothing short of sensational and whilst I'm not interested in joining your Kochie love fest, he can take a lot of credit for Ports past two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It'd be funny for the Tigers to knock Port out and it'd give purpose to our loss last week.

Overall I'd like Pav to win a Premiership but I enjoy Ross Lyons continuing to lose. Can someone fix that for me, please?

Hawks - the team is okay but the supporters are so bitter about the Swans in 2012. So never.

Cats - meh.
    Agree with your sentiments here GS but particularly the bolded sentence. Don't know what it is, but I just love seeing Lyon bomb out in Grand Finals.
    I have a really strong feeling we will play Freo in the GF.

Warming the Bench
    Richmond are getting decimated. 43-0 with 8 minutes left in the first. They were gifted finals this year... by us

Will be nice to not have to listen to the 'Tiger Army' dribble we have of the last week.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."