Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: AJ's knee

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    My fingers are crossed for AJ, and I admire his persistence and courage in his long ordeal (I know, a First World problem perhaps, but it still has to be endured). Would love to see him run out for action in 2016.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I love AJ and I'm going to get shot down for this, BUT... at what point do the club say "medical retirement"?
    It's very unfortunate for him, but unless he's coming back really soon, he's taking a spot that can be filled.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I love AJ and I'm going to get shot down for this, BUT... at what point do the club say "medical retirement"?
    It's very unfortunate for him, but unless he's coming back really soon, he's taking a spot that can be filled.
    I tend to agree - plus you'd hope he has been studying/training for a life after footy, which unfortunately could come too soon for him.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I tend to agree - plus you'd hope he has been studying/training for a life after footy, which unfortunately could come too soon for him.
    ALL our boys do.
    They have to.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    In reality though it is only a rookie spot he is taking - given he will still be on the LT injury list throughout 2015 and 2016 if he stays on the main list.

I wonder if we may seek to delist him at the end of the season, then relist him as a rookie - its not like any other club is going to pick him up in the rookie draft.

This is surely the last attempt they will have - if it doesn't work this time, that will be it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Which reconstruction is he having? LARS?

The beneficiary of his injury was Rampe but I guess if AJ returned today the one to make way would be Laidler - who has been playing very well

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    I think Laidler is doing the equivalent of what Tom Derickx did. If and when AJ returns, he will eventually get the nod because he is as hard as Laidler but taller and faster, as well as reading the game very well.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    The beneficiary of his injury was Rampe but I guess if AJ returned today the one to make way would be Laidler - who has been playing very well
    With Shaw and Teddy likely to retire soon I don't think anyone will have to make way for AJ if and when he gets back to senior footy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    With Shaw and Teddy likely to retire soon I don't think anyone will have to make way for AJ if and when he gets back to senior footy.
    Well Shaw will definitely be gone by then (2017) but who knows about Teddy, he may last that long
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Warming the Bench
    When David Schwarz started at Melbourne he played like Buddy he could run with the ball, chase opponents and take marks in and over packs but after 4 knee reconstruction he was left to jostling full backs from the goal square to get the ball. I hope Johnno still has his pace and agility when he comes back cause I can't see him standing in the goal square at full forward unless it is in the NEAFL.

AJ's case was really unusual in that the recos were failing because of the infection. If that has genuinely gone, there's no reason why this one shouldn't be successful. Fingers crossed anyway.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast