Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=bloodsbigot;656005]+1[/QUOTE
    +2

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Only 23,000 tickets sold so far.......
    What a joke

If true this is so disappointing for the Swans players. They have worked so hard to get to this stage of the finals. They deserve fierce support.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Barry will no doubt chime in, but I think thats a big disadvantage of ANZ. If it was at the SCG I would already have bought tickets. I'm sure many casual fans would be holding out to see what the weather is doing (at least that was the excuse v Freo).

Basic supply and demand. Anz will never sell out, no risk of not getting a ticket.
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

Hard to believe that 17,000 members (or 40% of our membership) arent going to a preliminary final.

I have a feeling that the 23K figure doesnt include ANZ members and coorporates. Because from I what I saw they sold out faster than the previous final.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Barry will no doubt chime in, but I think thats a big disadvantage of ANZ. If it was at the SCG I would already have bought tickets. I'm sure many casual fans would be holding out to see what the weather is doing (at least that was the excuse v Freo).

Basic supply and demand. Anz will never sell out, no risk of not getting a ticket.
    Inflamatory, duplicate post, there I.F. I can see where you are trying to steer this thread.

last night on OTC and AFL 360 it was reported that 41,000 tickets were available. What is the capacity of ANZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaussie View Post
    Just rang the Swans and was referred to the AFL ticketing dept to express my anger at being told by Ticketek that Cat 4 and 5 were sold out during members pre sale, only to see later in the day Cat 1 tickets offered at Cat 5 prices.

Lady at the AFL asked what I wanted the AFL to do about it with tone and I said I want compensation. Yeah as if that will happen right. I feel stupid and taken advantage of as a 20 year member who was desperate to see my team play only to be ripped off at a time when I'm hoping to be in Melbourne next week for the Grand Final (more money again). Never again will I bother with the member pre sale. What's the point when you end up being taken advantage of? I seriously think the AFL's arrogance with ticketing and prices destroys any chance of crowds of 60k+ in Sydney. So disappointing and us fans will be the ones blamed for another disappointing finals crowd.
    I just sent a very long and detailed email of complaint to Swans membership asking them to forward to the AFL powers that be. I asked for a reply and explanation, I'll let you know if I get a response but I'm not holding my breath!

[QUOTE=barry;656022]I have a feeling that the 23K figure doesnt include ANZ members and coorporates. Because from I what I saw they sold out faster than the previous final.- - - Updated - - -

True. That doesn't include the 18,000 + Anz members seats if they turn up.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    If true this is so disappointing for the Swans players. They have worked so hard to get to this stage of the finals. They deserve fierce support.
    There are so many factors here Meg but you are right. The two big problems are the AFL thinking that Sydney and Melbourne should have the same pricing and then needing the retreat so they cut prices and probably end up giving tickets away. But it's also the fault of the Kangaroos - they don't have many members and it looks like few will be coming to the game. Imagine if it was Collingwood in the same fairy-tale situation. (There's also the venue but that's been done to death.)

And it's also the fault of the Swans for being so successful - I paid $170 yesterday and expect to pay to attend the GF next week. But if money was tight I'd be saving my money for next week and the big one. The irony will be if the Swans lose with few there to support them so we're not in the GF at all.

Nah, it comes back to the AFL's greed and inability to understand Sydney.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    last night on OTC and AFL 360 it was reported that 41,000 tickets were available. What is the capacity of ANZ?
    82k - 18k members - 23k already sold = 41k still available.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree and whilst I personally prefer the SCG I wouldn't not go because of the venue however pricing of the tickets does make it difficult regardless of venue. The overall viewing and atmosphere of the SCG in my opinion makes for a better show and for some this may determine whether they are willing to pay the ticket prices. I have no doubt that ANZ stadium full or nearly full would be great but history shows this does not happen now and as such the swans are the losers. Contracts have to be adhered to but the rort with the ticketing just makes everyone angry. I just wish our team could get the support it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    There are so many factors here Meg but you are right. The two big problems are the AFL thinking that Sydney and Melbourne should have the same pricing and then needing the retreat so they cut prices and probably end up giving tickets away. But it's also the fault of the Kangaroos - they don't have many members and it looks like few will be coming to the game. Imagine if it was Collingwood in the same fairy-tale situation. (There's also the venue but that's been done to death.)

And it's also the fault of the Swans for being so successful - I paid $170 yesterday and expect to pay to attend the GF next week. But if money was tight I'd be saving my money for next week and the big one. The irony will be if the Swans lose with few there to support them so we're not in the GF at all.

Nah, it comes back to the AFL's greed and inability to understand Sydney.
    I agree with all this. And particularly your last point re AFL's inability to understand the Sydney AFL market.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast