Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Something that has just occurred to me - were we not told that if we purchased seats in round 1 of the finals, we would qualify for a 10% discount in either week 2 or week 3 (depending on which week we hosted the second home final)? I used the same barcode and credit card and Ticketek account to purchase tickets today as I used a fortnight ago but I've definitely not been given a 10% discount on the quoted prices.

Did I dream this?
    Liz - I thought the same until I read it carefully. You would have got the discount if the Swans played in Week 2 of the finals. But the offer did not extend to Week 3 - the PF.

Happy and I know it
    Something that has just occurred to me - were we not told that if we purchased seats in round 1 of the finals, we would qualify for a 10% discount in either week 2 or week 3 (depending on which week we hosted the second home final)? I used the same barcode and credit card and Ticketek account to purchase tickets today as I used a fortnight ago but I've definitely not been given a 10% discount on the quoted prices.

Did I dream this?
    Sadly, yes. The deal was "members who purchase a ticket to the Swans' Week 1 match will receive a 20% discount to Week 2, if the Swan are competing."

We didn't play in Week 2 (yay!) so that's the end of that.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

Yep the 10% discount would have been the consolation prize for losing in Week 1.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Anyone know what side the cheer squad sit?? I think my tickets are allocated for the north end. Is that good or bad?
    If your tickets say "NTH" that's good. Our cheer squad sits on the north side of the stadium, bays 118-119.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    The Telstra offer doesnt seem to work for me - did anyone else have that problem? Since about 2:20 pm it says there are no tickets available in that category. Unsure if they've sold out or if my system is not playing the game.

Edit: I guess the above answers my question. Not sure why it wont work.
    I logged into my Telstra a/c, then clicked the link and typed in the password given on the Telstra page. Category 2 was $67.

Perhaps try again from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by Danzar View Post
    If your tickets say "NTH" that's good. Our cheer squad sits on the north side of the stadium, bays 118-119.
    Hell yeah! I'm in 119. Gotta get myself in red and white to look good on TV. So happy. Cheers mate. Really didn't want to sit near the blue and white scum.

(First time ever I've been to a game where my own supporters will be the majority of the crowd so I'm stoked)

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Hell yeah! I'm in 119. Gotta get myself in red and white to look good on TV. So happy. Cheers mate. Really didn't want to sit near the blue and white scum.

(First time ever I've been to a game where my own supporters will be the majority of the crowd so I'm stoked)
    It threw me too. As soon as I saw that "NTH" on the ticket - bam! All I could here was the music that was playing during the shower scene in Phsycho. The last time I felt like that was the exact same time two weeks earlier when I realised I'd accidentally bought ten tickets in the non-alcohol section for the quali.
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Ticketek really is a crap site. I am happy to pay top dollar. But it will only let me choose category 1, not stipulate where. Am I really supposed to believe that the whole of level 4 sold out in the first ten minutes? Because all it is offering me is tickets on level 1, near the fence, in a bay barely in the category 1 region.
    Whatever you do, don't ring them! You'll never be the same again!

Senior Player
    I logged on at 900 to buy cat 1 tickets. They sold level 1 sections first.

By about 1030 they were selling level 4 seats in the cat 1 areas.

It looks to me like they only started selling level 4 tickets once all the level 1 tickets had been sold.

The only reason they would do that in case they don't sell enough level 4 tickets. It happened to me once that they moved me from level 4 to level 1 because they didn't sell enough level 4 tickets to keep it open.

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I logged on at 900 to buy cat 1 tickets. They sold level 1 sections first.

By about 1030 they were selling level 4 seats in the cat 1 areas.

It looks to me like they only started selling level 4 tickets once all the level 1 tickets had been sold.
    Just bought a couple of Cat 5 tickets , section 318. I'm happy with that.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Zlatorog View Post
    The only reason they would do that in case they don't sell enough level 4 tickets. It happened to me once that they moved me from level 4 to level 1 because they didn't sell enough level 4 tickets to keep it open.
    Would have to be an incredibly small crowd for them not to open level 4. I've been to every Swans game at ANZ since they built the darned thing and I've always sat on level 4 except for that wet final against North 7 or 8 years ago. So that could be the only game where level 4 mightn't have been open.

More likely to happen to level 6, though they generally don't seem to even bother selling tickets up there nowadays, at least for Swans games. SOO and international soccer games, maybe.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast