Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Crowd prediction - preliminary - swans v north.

Senior Player
    The biggest game in Sydney since the 2012 Prelim. Perfect weather (so far), an 18-and-5 record this season, a full strength rested team, pound-for-pound the best team in the comp littered with stars. In theory, it doesn't get any better. If other people choose to miss tonight, well, that's their choice. Swans by 28.

Senior Player
    48029 in the end, from memory. Not too bad.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    48029 in the end, from memory. Not too bad.
    Good crowd but I am thinking they must have given a heap of tickets away.

I wonder, if they'd sold the top stand tickets for $30 and openly advertised it, would they have gotten another 5-10k?

Where I was sitting -bay 119- the atmosphere was great. Though I was listening to the Triple M radio commentary with my portable radio which commented a few times that the atmosphere was particularly quiet which surprised me.
    What was it like where others were sitting? How did it come across on the tv?

Atmosphere is very dependant on where you sit until the roofs on.

Is 48k v norf equivalent to 58k v pies?

I found the last quarter boring, just hoping it wouldend without injuries. Some wag in the crowd near claimed malcedki had redone his hammy. Nearly ruined my night

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Gezball View Post
    Where I was sitting -bay 119- the atmosphere was great. Though I was listening to the Triple M radio commentary with my portable radio which commented a few times that the atmosphere was particularly quiet which surprised me.
    What was it like where others were sitting? How did it come across on the tv?
    The crowd sounded right into it on the Ch 7 feed.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Warming the Bench
    We were sitting in Bay 106 'under the eaves' of the level above us, and next to 105 which was full of Blue & White (which was obviously pretty sombre from half time onwards). We were making lots of noise but it was fairly hard to hear what the rest of the ground was doing - the acoustics were terrible. Every time the "Norf Mebbon" chant went up, we did a pretty effective job of shutting them down. It's not hard to imagine what 48,000 at the SCG would sound like!

Veteran Site Admin
    I thought the crowd looked slightly bigger than 48,000. The friend I was with didn't scan his ticket into the ground. He tried but it wouldn't scan and the lady on the gate just let him through anyway without trying to hard (one of those gates with the handheld scanners, rather than a turnstile). I wonder how many others they did the same for?

Warming the Bench
    There were 2 people in front of us stuck at the turnstiles with 'Print yourself Tickets' who did the same. Don't know if they were scanned by the lady either. There could have been hundreds like that.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    At this game and the last one using the printed tickets took extraordinarily long, like four or five seconds. No such issues with the membership card

The woman in front of me was also having difficulty scanning her home-printed ticket. I noticed it was a bit crumpled in the barcode area and figure this is what the "don't fold" message is about. Creasing in that area must affect the scanning.