Thread: Interest in 2014 GF v's 2012 GF

Interest in 2014 GF v's 2012 GF

For those of you that live in Sydney, do you feel there's much of a difference in the build-up/interest levels for this GF as opposed to 2012? Ie. media, general awareness, chat at work, friends etc.

I wasnt in Sydney during the 2012 pre granny week, but my personal feeling was that in 2012 we were hopeful, but in 2014 I am supremely confident.

I like 2014 better.,

The media interest seems much bigger , but in a workplace which I think is possibly fairly typical for Sydney, most people only have a fleeting interest in it.
    They know the swans are playing, they know we are a good chance but dont dig too deep as thats about it. Some of those people will possibly have the game on in the background and will watch the last quarter if the swans are in front or close.

Mind you in that same workplace , they are giving away tickets to the rugby league finals for free to anyone who wants to put their name down and there is four sydney teams in the finals.

Regular in the Side
    Personally I'm finding the general interest to be less this year, even though knowledge of the sport seems to have increased a teensy bit. Having said that though, two years ago I was working in the Eastern Suburbs and these days I'm in the heart of Wanderers/GWS territory so I don't know if that is playing a part.
    Life's not a spectator sport

Happy and I know it
    Plenty of stories in the papers. I don't feel there's any more interest than 2012 in the general population, though.
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke