Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,225 to 1,236 of 1863

Thread: List changes and trade bait

I'm so sad but good luck to Mal and his family. And yes, it opens up some exciting opportunities for at least one young talented Swan.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Given the complete lack of transparency in the compensation process, the pick could be anything. The AFL might decide to "punish" us for recruiting the highest profile free agent yet a year ago, and ramp down the compensation they award. It is worth noting that Carlton have been given nothing for Waite. Not even a 3rd rounder.
    If we don't get at least an end of 2nd rounder, then I can only assume that Eddie McGuire IS the compensation committee.

If we can package up Membrey, Biggs and pick 59 to STK for pick 22 and get around pick 40 for Mal, plus Heeney, Hiscox and Davis, it will be a pretty good ND.
    Last edited by Ludwig; 6th October 2014 at 11:22 PM.

Veterans List
    Deep down I think I knew that he was going to leave but I was hoping he would stay. Will always remember him for kicking THAT goal! It is a sad day ????.

Surely if the demons received a 1st round compensation pick for Frawley then so should we. Frawley has nothing on Mal.

"His (Malceski's) manager Ben Niall said on Monday that the Swans had accepted his decision with class."

�It is been an emotional day for Nick, telling his coach was really difficult, but they have been really understanding and respectful and supportive."

Nick Malceski joins Gold Coast Suns on three-year deal from Sydney Swans as unrestricted free agent

As are we the Swans' supporters (understanding, respectful, supportive). Unlike the sheer vindictiveness shown to Lance Franklin by Hawthorn supporters.

Sad to see Mal go. Free agency has been good to us, but to see a player like Mal, with all his ups and downs, not end up a one club player... Rationally I can deal, but sentimentally I hoped he would have stayed with us.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffers1984 View Post
    +1. +2 , + 3 !! Absolutely loved the way Nick went about it - and he's a nice bloke,too.

Will he be accorded the same respect as Schneider and Dempster - departing premiership players whom we never boo?
    Yes , of course he will !!
    I won't cheer his team , but I will cheer him.

On the Rookie List
    So how much cash does this free up?

Very sad to see Malceski go. Very annoyed to see Biggs go.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Very sad to see Malceski go. Very annoyed to see Biggs go.
    Huh?! When was it reported that Biggs is going??

"Malceski will also reportedly join the Suns' academy as a development coach. His manager, Ben Niall, told The Age that the opportunity to develop a coaching career with Gold Coast was another significant attraction."

how could we have not offered him that? Can (sort of) understand not getting the 3rd year but not a coach at our Academy?
    Last edited by goswannies; 7th October 2014 at 12:13 AM.

List changes and trade bait (merged thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    So how much cash does this free up?
    Yes Mal's departure was presumably not allowed for when the projections were done in working out the sums to put together Buddy's contract. So it should free up money. But unfortunately for this purpose I assume Mal would have been on the Swans' veterans list. And so $115,000 odd of his salary would have been outside the cap and not available to pay to another player.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    Yes Mal's departure was presumably not allowed for when the projections were done in working out the sums to put together Buddy's contract. So it should free up money. But unfortunately for this purpose I assume Mal would have been on the Swans' veterans list. And so $115,000 odd of his salary would have been outside the cap and not available to pay to another player.
    Sad that even as a veteran we couldn't accomodate him. Only 3 years at GC should hopefully see young Harrison Malceski on our father / son radar if the opportunity arises in 17 or so years. Yet another reason I'm glad Nick left on good terms.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    "Malceski will also reportedly join the Suns' academy as a development coach. His manager, Ben Niall, told The Age that the opportunity to develop a coaching career with Gold Coast was another significant attraction."

how could we have not offered him that? Can (sort of) understand not getting the 3rd year but not a coach at our Academy?
    Most times I've seen Malceski off field, he kinda seems pretty grumpy and not very personable.
    Not saying that this is a reflection on his character, but only my experiences.
    Perhaps the Swans don't see him as an ideal candidate for that type of role, or have others in mind etc...
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.