Page 104 of 156 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,237 to 1,248 of 1863

Thread: List changes and trade bait

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    "His (Malceski's) manager Ben Niall said on Monday that the Swans had accepted his decision with class."

�It is been an emotional day for Nick, telling his coach was really difficult, but they have been really understanding and respectful and supportive."

Nick Malceski joins Gold Coast Suns on three-year deal from Sydney Swans as unrestricted free agent

As are we the Swans' supporters (understanding, respectful, supportive). Unlike the sheer vindictiveness shown to Lance Franklin by Hawthorn supporters.
    To be fair, only some Hawks fans are vindictive towards Buddy. And Hawthorn, the club, accepted his decision with dignity and class.

Quote Originally Posted by DLBIA14 View Post
    Sad to see Mal go. Free agency has been good to us, but to see a player like Mal, with all his ups and downs, not end up a one club player... Rationally I can deal, but sentimentally I hoped he would have stayed with us.
    Yep, sums up my sentiments too. Genuinely sad to see him go. Some footy players you become more attached to than others I guess.

Will give me a little reason to follow Gold Coast next year.

On the Rookie List
    So who would you say is Malceski's replacement? Jones? Rohan?
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Huh?! When was it reported that Biggs is going??

"Malceski will also reportedly join the Suns' academy as a development coach. His manager, Ben Niall, told The Age that the opportunity to develop a coaching career with Gold Coast was another significant attraction."

how could we have not offered him that? Can (sort of) understand not getting the 3rd year but not a coach at our Academy?
    It's actually good that our favourite sons go elsewhere to get coaching experience. It allows exposure to a wider range of ideas and models and approaches which, if they return to the Swans, will only benefit us. It doesn't do to get too inbred (cf Collingwood, Brisbane, Port Adelaide and of course, Essendon). I don't see Nick as a senior coach. But who knows. he is giving himself a chance to try to out with some financial security behind him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    So who would you say is Malceski's replacement? Jones? Rohan?
    I'd say it would be McVeigh in the backline with a midfield replacement (Mitchell, most likely).

Veterans List
    At the tail end of his footy career, a weighty three year deal plus work at their Academy just can't be refused.

A great Swan, always be a favourite son, good luck Mal, have a family of boys!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Huh?! When was it reported that Biggs is going??
    It was reported on SEN. Requested a trade back to Victoria. It's unconfirmed as yet.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    At the tail end of his footy career, a weighty three year deal plus work at their Academy just can't be refused.

Yep well said, my thoughts exactly.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post

Absolutley, too good a deal to say no to.

Will miss him but....

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Absolutley, too good a deal to say no to.

Will miss him but....
    With the money saved from Malceski we may be able to front end some contracts and have more money for a free agency assault in 2015.

The compensation pick will be interesting.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Given the complete lack of transparency in the compensation process, the pick could be anything. The AFL might decide to "punish" us for recruiting the highest profile free agent yet a year ago, and ramp down the compensation they award. It is worth noting that Carlton have been given nothing for Waite. Not even a 3rd rounder.
    Is that right? That didn't get much airplay did it? No wonder Mick was grumpy. He was at least 1, maybe 2 years older than Nick? Nick also an AA in his last outing and probably on much greater $ but as you say, who'd know?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    To be fair, only some Hawks fans are vindictive towards Buddy. And Hawthorn, the club, accepted his decision with dignity and class.
    Lot more than a few in Melbourne.