Page 106 of 156 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,272 of 1863

Thread: List changes and trade bait

Just wild about Harry
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    "The cutting-edge treatment involves taking stem cells from around abdominal fat and injecting it into the damaged knee. The articular cartilage then regenerates itself.

In the past damaged knee cartilage has never been able to repair or grow again."

No Cookies | dailytelegraph.com.au
    Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    This is interesting, hadnt heard of this - do you have a link or quote?
    He was also interviewed on SEN a few weeks ago and he slammed the wobbles culture compared to Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'm not convinced he's the right temperament to be a coach. But, after living through all that SARS saga with him - plus his bookend goals in the 2012 GF - it make this one of the saddest departures ever.
    Goodness! How unlucky - severe acute respiratory syndrome on top of a LARS graft for his ACL

Mal going dents our ability to win the flag next year, but in the overall scheme of things, getting compensation (draft pick) for a 30 year old player while he still has currency is a pragmatic outcome from a long time point of view.

However between 2014 and 2015, our nemisis has added a free agent in Frawley, while we have lost one in Malceski.

Cant wait to start tapping into some of these GWS young guns, eager for instant success, without moving city.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Goodness! How unlucky - severe acute respiratory syndrome on top of a LARS graft for his ACL
    Cheers. Breathless reporting by me. Sorry. At least I didn't pick "ISIS" as the acronym or Eddie would declare red and white attire an affront to the Aussie Rules Way of Life.

ACL is the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL Home Page | Association for Computational Linguistics), isn't it?

Veterans List
    So, after a couple of big trading years do you think the club is going for consolidation this time? That, even with the drafted improvements to Port and Hawks, another year of playing the current Swans team (less Mal) gives us a shot at 2015?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    So, after a couple of big trading years do you think the club is going for consolidation this time? That, even with the drafted improvements to Port and Hawks, another year of playing the current Swans team (less Mal) gives us a shot at 2015?
    Yes I do. We were pretty great after the first month and terrific in the finals, if only we had bothered to turn up to play the final game of the year it would have been a brilliant year all round. Whilst we will miss Mal, I think McVeigh going back fills the hole perfectly and we are spoilt for wealth in the midfield.
    I believe we will be bigger and better next year and still think us, Hawks and Port will be far and away the best teams.

Veteran Site Admin
    We need improvement from younger players to hold our ground but it is not unreasonable to expect some. Every club continuously relies on new players to come through to replace those whose performances drop off due to age (or leaving). In 2014 we had Parker and Cunningham who exceeded most people's expectations. I thought some of our improvement might come from Parker but not quite to the extent he delivered. Of course, we can't necessarily expect he can maintain that level. But if a Mitchell comes in and adds something, and we get someone emerge from almost nowhere to play a role as Cunningham did, there is no reason we can't improve enough in some areas to offset the impact of Malceski's departure.

I also think that some of our established "stars" are capable of more than they delivered in 2014. Our 2013 AA trio of McVeigh, Jack and Hanners, in particular, were a little down in 2014 compared to 2013.

Senior Player
    Re the Biggs situation I speculate it means that Heeney is seen as the better option and the club has not given Biggs any comfort.There's not much difference in size between the two and both can play wing or HBF but Heeney is more versatile and probably physically stronger as well having x factor. Also a long term local proposition not subject to a "go home" factor.

The half back line also requires real line breakers to have a successful team and whilst being highly serviceable it may be this x factor that is lacking for Biggs in the club's view.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

the only Swans left field rumour that i have heard so far is

Sydney are sniffing around Ryan Schoenmakers but not sure what they could offer and i would have thought melb would try hard to get Ryan across to them ASAP??

Ryan Schoenmakers - hawthornfc.com.au

Im just wondering if any truth given he will be second fiddle to Gibson, Lake and Frawley

ive googled a bit since hearing the rumours the last week or so and it appears he wants to stay ????

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying. There I was thinking he had a sarsaparilla addiction.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Re the Biggs situation I speculate it means that Heeney is seen as the better option and the club has not given Biggs any comfort.There's not much difference in size between the two and both can play wing or HBF but Heeney is more versatile and probably physically stronger as well having x factor. Also a long term local proposition not subject to a "go home" factor.

The half back line also requires real line breakers to have a successful team and whilst being highly serviceable it may be this x factor that is lacking for Biggs in the club's view.
    Heeney shapes up to me as someone we might see in the forward line next year, rather than off half back. He's a good mark and a decent set shot, but also a pretty good tackler. If we need to mix the forward line up a bit and not rely so much on talls, he could be one to come in and play a role similar to that Bolton played in 2013. And while he probably won't have the endurance to spend long periods in the middle in the next season, he does provide an option that could be rotated through there a little. Of course, first he has to earn his spot in the team.

In terms of those to play off the half-back flank, in addition to the McVeigh option we have Rohan, Jones, Marsh. Sure, they are all unproven but so is Biggs essentially. We could also move Rampe to play more of a rebounding role, and have Laidler or Reid play predominantly defensive role. Or someone like X might graduate to that "3rd tall defender" role, similar to how Johnson started out in the team. Or a miracle might happen and we might get Johnson himself back. So there are plenty of ways the defence might line up, without or without Biggs.

What are the chances Johnson gets back next year? God I miss that kid