Page 152 of 156 FirstFirst ... 52102142148149150151152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,813 to 1,824 of 1863

Thread: List changes and trade bait

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone know what happened with Membrey being delisted so being a Free Agent signing instead of pre-season draft? Is that just the way it works with Free Agency, or were we kind to St Kilda?
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Does anyone know what happened with Membrey being delisted so being a Free Agent signing instead of pre-season draft? Is that just the way it works with Free Agency, or were we kind to St Kilda?
    We lost out on this one. Most clubs would have at least given up a lower pick as a token of good will. However, when I saw that Pelchen was St Kilda's list manager (since been sacked in past week or so) I knew we would be shafted...he had a reputation when at Hawthorn that limited clubs wanted to trade with him. Our hands were tied really and Tim left as a delisted free agent and hence can be picked up by whoever.
    Last edited by Matt79; 4th November 2014 at 08:59 PM.
    Swannies for life!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    We lost out on this one. Most clubs would have at least given up a lower pick as a token of free will. However, when I saw that Pelchen was St Kilda's list manager (since been sacked in past week or so) I knew we would be shafted...he had a reputation when at Hawthorn that limited clubs wanted to trade with him. Our hands were tied really and Tim left as a delisted free agent and hence can be picked up by whoever.
    Not entirely true. The Swans must have agreed to him being delisted (assuming they did offer him a contract). Not every player whose contract expires automatically becomes a DFA.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I think we were being good football citizens. Treat other clubs (and your players) well and expect/hope that the same behaviour will be returned. I've always thought it was an indication that the Swans were seriously annoyed with Lamb / GWS that they made him go to the pre-season draft.

"The Saints were expecting to list Membrey on December 3 but received a call from the Swans last week informing them they would officially cut the Traralgon product early out of goodwill."

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Is AJ still listed, or are they letting him go?
    Anyone?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Is AJ still listed, or are they letting him go?
    Anyone?
    He's still on the Swans site as a senior player.
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Quote Originally Posted by Untamed Snark View Post
    He's still on the Swans site as a senior player.
    Does anyone think he'll play again??
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I think we were being good football citizens. Treat other clubs (and your players) well and expect/hope that the same behaviour will be returned. I've always thought it was an indication that the Swans were seriously annoyed with Lamb / GWS that they made him go to the pre-season draft.

"The Saints were expecting to list Membrey on December 3 but received a call from the Swans last week informing them they would officially cut the Traralgon product early out of goodwill."

No Cookies | Herald Sun
    They had a right to be pissed with GWS. GWS wouldn't offer fair value for Mumford last year, instead using the PSD card. As soon as the Swans had cut their losses and accepted the trade, GWS pulled out the same card and used it to lever out Lamb.

On the Rookie List
    No, I think it is unlikely. Most physios will probably share that opinion. Infections are brutal. It's a real ongoing problem, not just a temporary repair issue.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

I read an interview with him fairly recently, he seems quite determined to get back out there.
    Came across as a pretty mature kid
    I think he'll be given every chance to come back
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

I think the infection is a worry. Infections of this type generally come in tandem with rejection of the introduced tissue. But if it is a Staff infection it could be very dangerous and never heal. It could heal and the knee never be right as well. There are so many options. Some are good but most aren't. I would suggest he acquired the infection from the first operation and it came from the theatre. Suing the surgeon and hospital is an option and the club and AJ should look seriously at this option.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    I would suggest he acquired the infection from the first operation and it came from the theatre. Suing the surgeon and hospital is an option and the club and AJ should look seriously at this option.
    Not according to Doc Larkin:

"It was a skin infection � a bug that normally lives on the skin that got into the knee," he said.

"It's a bug that sometimes doesn't create problems � we've all got it on our skin, it's a natural bug everyone's got and not normally a dangerous one."

However Larkin was pessimistic about AJ's chances of resuming his career "because having had three reconstructions it means that the hole inside the knee isn't normal anymore, particularly the tunnels that are in the bone".

'It doesn't bode well': Fourth reconstruction for luckless Swan - AFL.com.au