Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561101151 ... LastLast

Thread: List changes and trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    These are all possible scenarios, but however it pans out I would want to keep Crouch. Purely on the strength of observations from our ressie watchers and what you can get off the Swans site I suspect he may be a successor to Longmire; not in the short term, as I think (and hope) Horse will be around for a few more seasons, continuing to tinker with the gameplan to keep us ahead of the curve. Perhaps a spell elsewhere might be good for Crouch, as it seems to be for Kirk, but if he goes I'd like to see him return.

And for those who believe we need to bolster our ruck stocks, what do you think about Giles?
    Giant set to lumber out as Giles looks for a trade - AFL.com.au
    Horse just might want to stay around as long as Buddy is under contract. I wonder if he's still on that $200k premiership bonus.

I like Giles and was hoping we could do a deal for him after Mummy left, as it was pretty obvious that he was going to be squeezed out. He's a pretty good ruckman and offers a lot up forward as well. Unfortunately we jumped the gun on Derickx.
    I don't think we could offer a good playing opportunity for Giles atm if we have in fact signed Pyke for another couple of years. I think he would fall through the cracks between Pyke and the upcoming Naismith and Nanko. Giles should have better opportunities a places like Carlton or Footscray. There could be a good fit for him at the Bombers as well if Ryder leaves.

BTW, I still haven't seen anything official on either Tom D or Pyke as to contract extensions. I am not as down on Tom as I was a few months ago (when he was playing). I liked his interviewing of Megan Fox (she can't be too bright if she was outwitted by Tom). Tom's not much of a ruckman, but he is quite a character. He could make a good understudy for Kenny Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Also, what do people think about Christian Howard from the dogs? delisted former first round pick with a booming kick.
    When was Howard officially delisted?

He's got bung hips BTW

I really don't believe we need to bring in any big name players. We are just about to play a PF and a great chance to win the flag. We have a team that Eddy would kill for. We can't even fit players like Mitchell, Laidler, Biggs, Jones, Towers, Membrey into our best 22. Players that would walk into most clubs best 22. Why do we need to bring in suggested players like Carlisle, Ryder, Leunberger, Blease, etc. Most on RWO are always pumping up our depth. So any development of our club should be with our emerging young players Naismith, Nankervis, Richards Jnr, Hewett, Perris, Heeney, Mills and Dunkley. We will need all the spare coin we got keeping our current young stars and future stars at our great club. We have a great team and potentially a better one emerging. I believe our biggest need is a talented young KPD. But lets just go to the draft and find one. We usually do that very well.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying South View Post
    I really don't believe we need to bring in any big name players. We are just about to play a PF and a great chance to win the flag. We have a team that Eddy would kill for. We can't even fit players like Mitchell, Laidler, Biggs, Jones, Towers, Membrey into our best 22. Players that would walk into most clubs best 22. Why do we need to bring in suggested players like Carlisle, Ryder, Leunberger, Blease, etc. Most on RWO are always pumping up our depth. So any development of our club should be with our emerging young players Naismith, Nankervis, Richards Jnr, Hewett, Perris, Heeney, Mills and Dunkley. We will need all the spare coin we got keeping our current young stars and future stars at our great club. We have a great team and potentially a better one emerging. I believe our biggest need is a talented young KPD. But lets just go to the draft and find one. We usually do that very well.
    +1 - and very well said!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    When was Howard officially delisted?

He's got bung hips BTW
    According to the AFL delistings he's not ... but RO'K is ....

Veterans List
    For those wondering about why no official word from the swans about Pyke, I just reread the article and it says that the Herald Sun "understands" that Pyke has in recent days signed a deal for at least 2 years. It was written by Jon Ralph. Hmmmm.

Warming the Bench
    Blues confirm meeting with Mitchell family - AFL.com.au

"CARLTON has confirmed its interest in Sydney Swans midfielder Tom Mitchell and revealed it has spoken to Mitchell's family......"I think certainly the Mitchell family understands that we would be interested if Tom did decide to leave," McKay told SEN on Friday."

Key word here is 'if'.....and there would be plenty of other clubs lining up as well.

Nothing would be more painful for Tom than sitting in the stands in September.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Yep, which is why he shouldn't go to Carlton.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Senior Player
    Is Dew (if he stays) a possibility to replace Longmire down the track? Will Longmire ever retire?
    Generally I think our coaching succession over the last twenty hasn't been too painful.
    Barassi to Eade, Eade to Roos, Roos to Longmire etc. They weren't completely seamless, but the changeovers
    were a bit classier than most clubs manage.

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    Blues confirm meeting with Mitchell family - AFL.com.au

"CARLTON has confirmed its interest in Sydney Swans midfielder Tom Mitchell and revealed it has spoken to Mitchell's family......"I think certainly the Mitchell family understands that we would be interested if Tom did decide to leave," McKay told SEN on Friday."

Key word here is 'if'.....and there would be plenty of other clubs lining up as well.

This is almost like the tail wagging the dog. Endless media speculation has forced Carlton into looking at him. I hope to God he stays. I reckon he'll be an automatic into our best XXII next year if he's injury free.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Mitchell is going nowhere.

Veteran Site Admin
    And of course, Mitchell can't simply decide to leave. Or at least, he can't simply decide to leave and continue playing AFL at another club. He can indicate to the Swans that he would prefer them to trade him but he needs the club's co-operation.