Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TLM Countdown Preparation

I'll take the 4th block starting with Rnd 4
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I have a bash at the second block - only two winning games :-(
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Veteran Site Admin
    Okie dokey. I have assigned names to blocks as volunteered.

I suggest we view this as each of us taking responsibility for getting a brief paragraph written and sent to Scott, rather than absolutely having to do these games. So if someone else puts their hand up and wants to contribute, feel free to sub-assign. And if you've landed up with a game in your block you really don't want to write about (or if there is another you really do want to write about), feel free to try and trade with the responsible person.

Otherwise, I suggest we start writing away with a view to enabling Scott to start publishing early next week. Does that timing make sense for you Scott?

Given he typically publishes two games at a time, that really means we each need to try and contribute the first game in our block over the weekend, and then follow up with another one approximately each two days. Does that work for everyone?

So sorry I can't start anything until mid next week. I'm in Adelaide doing family things for a few days. If anyone wants to take a couple of matches off me please feel free. Otherwise I will get on to my block ASAP.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    25 games
    5 people
    5 games per person??

Maybe we do them in interspersed blocks, so rather than each person pick out games randomly, each person takes one of these groups:
    1,6,12,17,22 SCOTT
    2,7,13,18,23 ROGUE
    3,8,14,19,QF MEG
    4,9,15,20,PF SNARK
    5,11,16,21, GF LIZ
    Yikes, better get my skates on!!!

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    So sorry I can't start anything until mid next week. I'm in Adelaide doing family things for a few days. If anyone wants to take a couple of matches off me please feel free. Otherwise I will get on to my block ASAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Yikes, better get my skates on!!!
    So maybe we push back a week, aiming to have the first handful to you by next weekend, not this weekend. The timing is really in your control Scott. I was just trying to be helpful by suggesting a plan to see if it worked for everyone. (It's the bossy side of me that my work brings out!) But clearly this weekend doesn't work for Meg, and possibly not for you either. So the following weekend?

Blog Entries
    No rush.

I won't start until I have a least the first 6 rounds. That way we have a few rounds leeway.
    We'll aim to have them done by next weekend.

Apologies, I'm yet to start. Now back in Sydney but promptly came down with a horrid head cold / rotten cough thingy which has turned my brain to mush. Expect to get on to mine early next week.

Blog Entries
    Apologies, I'm yet to start. Now back in Sydney but promptly came down with a horrid head cold / rotten cough thingy which has turned my brain to mush. Expect to get on to mine early next week.
    Take your time Meg.
    We've got till the 3rd April 2015.

I think I've returned to the land of the living (just) and plan to start writing my share tomorrow. But how do we access the votes?

Veteran Site Admin
    I think I've returned to the land of the living (just) and plan to start writing my share tomorrow. But how do we access the votes?
    You don't. Scott does that bit. But if you look at the game by game reviews that have been appearing on the Swans' website, you can find the top pollers in the BS count (if you'd like to add those) and, conveniently, the Brownlow votes too.

TLM Countdown Preparation

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    You don't. Scott does that bit. But if you look at the game by game reviews that have been appearing on the Swans' website, you can find the top pollers in the BS count (if you'd like to add those) and, conveniently, the Brownlow votes too.
    Thanks, bit embarrassing though if I highlight players in my write up who then don't appear in the TLM best players?

What format and how do I send them to Scott?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast