Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dean Towers

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    What #$%^ing claims?!

The post was opinion only -- last I checked we could still post an opinion here.

Ok with you?
    Calm down, mate, my post wasn't directed at you. I can't find evidence on Dean Towers re-signing online and am just asking for a link to the official news.

This instagram remark from TD is still the only source for believing that he has indeed signed a contract extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    This instagram remark from TD is still the only source for believing that he has indeed signed a contract extension.
    He'd have to be a loony if he put that in the public domain without confirmation. Unfortunately the fact is no one probably cares enough to put it in an article.

Quote Originally Posted by Ampersand View Post
    Calm down, mate, my post wasn't directed at you. I can't find evidence on Dean Towers re-signing online and am just asking for a link to the official news.
    I apologise for lashing out, Ampersand. Sincerely.

But I'm unusually affected by this latest call, much more so that is appropriate really -- it's just a game after all.

But with the @#$% we've put up with all year over the Franklin thing, to lose the GF like that, to see the back of Mal, to see the Hawks get Frawley for nothing (or rather paid for with pick #3 by the AFL), and now this -- I think I've reached my tipping point.
    To all those people who waited 72 years to see a South Melbourne/Sydney Swans premiership HERE IT IS!!

No problem, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I agree. Can we please back up our claims with some links confirming the news?

Here's TD on Instagram confirming 2-year extension:

http://instagram.com/p/rioq4YERdS/?modal=true
    And the accompanying photo is of Mal hugging TD. So sad!

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Sorry guys, I just saw it in an interview that Dean did with the radio station that covers his former league in Colac

Strange that the club hasn't posted it yet but they've probably got bigger issues to be dealing with

They took a couple of days with the Pyke signing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    I apologise for lashing out, Ampersand. Sincerely.

But I'm unusually affected by this latest call, much more so that is appropriate really -- it's just a game after all.

But with the @#$% we've put up with all year over the Franklin thing, to lose the GF like that, to see the back of Mal, to see the Hawks get Frawley for nothing (or rather paid for with pick #3 by the AFL), and now this -- I think I've reached my tipping point.
    As have we all mate. As have we all. To be honest I laughed at your tirade so thankyou

- - - Updated - - -

No problem, sorry for the misunderstanding.
    AAAAWWW feel the love

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    Sorry guys, I just saw it in an interview that Dean did with the radio station that covers his former league in Colac

Strange that the club hasn't posted it yet but they've probably got bigger issues to be dealing with
    Dean comes from COLAc? We'll lose him for sure.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Can he ruck??
    he was actually second ruck in one of the last games of the season. Tip went off sand he filled in quite well as it turned out. Very good leap on him. But Scott I would be looking to play a second ruck next year when the sub rule disappears.
    Last edited by wolftone57; 11th October 2014 at 06:19 PM.

Regular in the Side
    Except the AFL has said the sub rule is not disappearing. They floated it in conjunction with reducing the interchanges to 80 and the coaches did not like that at all so it got canned. Would have been happy with that change as I think the way the interchange rule works at present is a blight on the game. Can't stand it when a player kicks a goal and immediately trots off to have a word with the coach. A very bad look. Far too much toing and froing onto the field.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast