Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2015 AFL Fixture

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Not a real fan bud, if you ask the diehard AFL supporters.
    Sorry man I don't understand your post - who's not a real fan?
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by lorakf View Post
    I don't recall a season where we haven't had to travel to Perth at all. I hope you're right because right now it seems amazing that we have to do the longest road trip twice while they both don't have to do it at all.
    Eagles play in Brisbane and Gold Coast, and the Dockers play on the Gold Coast. On top of their travel to Melbourne, I think it's fair enough that they avoid visiting Sydey next year, although I'm a bit surprised that neither comes to Sydney at all next year for either us or GWS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    I don't tend to complain about the draw but then again neither do Collongwood fans.

Being a Canberra based member and regularly travelling interestate (i.e. not NSW) for games my first impressions are that:

* 3 Friday and 1 Thursday night game - I'm going to be leaving work early a lot;
    * The Thursday night game is after a Friday night game. Might have to take a week off and camp in Sydney.
    * The Swans play interstate in all 3 weeks that GWS play in Canberra.
    * Unless I decide to have a holiday in WA or Qld, I can only see myself bothering to go to Melb for the Hawks game on May 23 (other than the GF of course). All the Vic games are otherwise against the 'boring teams' (given that it seems impossible to get a ticket to Kardinia Park).
    Pretty much my view Cardinal. I know for sure now I'll be dropping my Melbourne Membership, and probably ramping up the sydney membership (so I can keep Premiership Club). All in all, not a great draw for those that follow the Swans from outside of Sydney within NSW. I fully comprehend why there are 4 games on Friday Night/Saturday night,and they are all 'blockbusters', but it means there isn't such great pickings for those that can't make it for those games in terms of the rest of matches.

The 5 games onyl in Melbourne is really disappointing, especially when 1 is a non-event basically in terms of trying to get a ticket to Toiletville.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Sorry man I don't understand your post - who's not a real fan?
    I made the same suggestion last week and i was called a band wagoner and not a real fan. There seems to be this thought process that no matter what, you must follow your club and the code rain hail or shine. Although it seems to be an attitude that only comes out of melbourne.

Swans seem pretty happy with the Fixture.
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

Regular in the Side
    I made the same suggestion last week and i was called a band wagoner and not a real fan. There seems to be this thought process that no matter what, you must follow your club and the code rain hail or shine. Although it seems to be an attitude that only comes out of melbourne.
    I find ideologues boring and certainly don't go to the football or public bars with them.

On the Rookie List
    Yeah you're right, and shouldn't be castigated because of it. That "stick with your club" line is dragged in tow by every rabid fan with nothing better to do than try to insinuate that they are a better person, or a 'higher ranked fan' than someone else. Usually used by rabid fans against Swans supporters, because most Swans supporters have other stuff to do in their lives.

If the code is compromised, I'll walk away. It's a shame, but what's the point? It's like someone putting on a puppet show and claiming that it's real life. You know it's not, so why bother entertaining the idea?

Get ready for the most unpopular RWO comment of all time (because the truth is almost never popular)........ If everyone spent the time that they spend on football-related activities on family, fitness, creative arts and self-education, their lives would be so much more fulfilled than living vicariously through a bunch of jocks they wish they actually knew. Perhaps with the overwhelming evidence that the code's administration is rigged, now is the time to do this.

Or the more popular option taken by most will be @@@@ family and self-betterment, let's continue to contribute to an industry which lines the pockets of Macguire et al. How ironic.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Suspended by the MRP
    Great post and i agree 100% with you.

What gets me, apart from that arrogant attitude you mention about being a higher positioned fan, is that people will blindly follow this code no matter what, even if it means they are being screwed $ wise. They have been emotionally blackmailed to believe that if they dont go to 1 single game they will destroy the club forever or the code.

Theres always this sense of fear, that without their $, their blind loyalty, it will see the end of the game and life as we know it. This fear is deeply ingrained into many peoples minds down south.

I seriously haven't come across any code like it in the world. Usually if the code stinks or there is a sense of corruption fans walk away and the code suffers for a while while it works itself out.

But not the AFL. Fans bitch about the AFL doing this and that and this, the AFL makes rules on the run, changes the rules yearly, introduces new things each year which has made the product worst, now this issue with the swans and yet we still see 80k people at games.

I mean look at Essendon and their fans attitude towards James Hird. Any other club or code would have banished Hird..but not the AFL or the supporters. I expected to see bomber games empty..but nope opposition fans are still going and lining up the pockets of the bombers, even after the embarrassment they have caused the code.
    Last edited by JPK12; 30th October 2014 at 03:07 PM.

What Collingwood think of the fixture...

COLLINGWOOD
    "We�re happy with the fixture and pleased our fans have been considered a high priority. It is a return to the blockbuster games against many of our traditional rivals at the MCG in prime time. This is exactly what our supporters asked for and we have been working towards with the AFL. Fifteen of our matches will be shown on free-to-air, with the possibility strong of our round 23 match against Essendon at the MCG also being shown free-to-air. Collingwood�s fixture is well balanced, with our drawing power being used to the best benefit of the game�s major stakeholders; the fans, the broadcasters and stadiums." - CEO Gary Pert
    The difference between insanity and genius is measured only in success.

On the veteran's list
    I seriously haven't come across any code like it in the world. Usually if the code stinks or there is a sense of corruption fans walk away and the code suffers for a while while it works itself out.
    What an absolute heap of rubbish! FIFA is rotten to the core and soccer world wide has featured MATCHES which are rigged. Same with T20 cricket. Cycling was a drug cheating farce. In all these areas the fans continued to flock to that code of sport. Get over yourself and your holier than thou attitude. Don't fool yourself that you're in anyway a fair dinkum supporter because if you can walk away from your team or the sport you are a fair-weather follower who isn't willing to do the hard yards when things get tough. Try following South Melbourne for thirty years then the hard days in Sydney. If you walk then you have no right to associate yourself with the club.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    What an absolute heap of rubbish! FIFA is rotten to the core and soccer world wide has featured MATCHES which are rigged. Same with T20 cricket. Cycling was a drug cheating farce. In all these areas the fans continued to flock to that code of sport. Get over yourself and your holier than thou attitude. Don't fool yourself that you're in anyway a fair dinkum supporter because if you can walk away from your team or the sport you are a fair-weather follower who isn't willing to do the hard yards when things get tough. Try following South Melbourne for thirty years then the hard days in Sydney. If you walk then you have no right to associate yourself with the club.
    Lol. Listen to yourself. Are you Lord of Rights Apportionment?

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Don't fool yourself that you're in anyway a fair dinkum supporter because if you can walk away from your team or the sport you are a fair-weather follower who isn't willing to do the hard yards when things get tough. Try following South Melbourne for thirty years then the hard days in Sydney. If you walk then you have no right to associate yourself with the club.
    Exhibit A.

You are no bigger supporter than I am and i find your way of thinking outdated, insulting and the very core of what i was talking about.

Get over yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    Lol. Listen to yourself. Are you Lord of Rights Apportionment?
    haha he does exactly the same thing we were talking about. I hate that Victorian attitude. Its why they cant handle sydneysiders supporting the code in the manner we do. I get pissed off at the end of a loss but i can walk away and get on with life. In Melbourne people have a bad week when their team loses and it effects the very essence of their lives.

But each to their own i suppose, but dont accuse me of being a fair weather fan. If i was..would i be on this site?

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast