Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on Latest Club Videos

"be tough, only when it gets tough"

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Was it the creaking/adjustment of the grip for you mostly?

SwansTV - Intra-Club Match Highlights - sydneyswans.com.au

i enjoyed the return to the more up beat music and I thought this one was put together well........it would be really good if it had some top down angles and or a wider perspective so you can see the play unfolding rather then just following the ball carrier !

PS re Smith Video ......For me Merkin i like the video host featuring but also being upbeat and that generally energises the answers from the player being interviewed..........I also didnt like the noise in the background and or camera gear that was constant thru out the interview........
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Totally disagree. It looks good but I have little idea of who went well from the footage. Just go back to what they've had in previous years which was basically the raw footage with that standard background music. Low production values but so much more valuable for footy watchers

Senior Player
    Anyone know when does the new media person starts?
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

They haven't called me yet.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    They seem to insist on using a very flat profile which, whilst great for recording to keep shadow and highlight details, is very dull (low contrast) for viewing.

A bit more contrast with this one but I suspect that is more due to the hour of the day than changing colour profiles.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Totally disagree. It looks good but I have little idea of who went well from the footage. Just go back to what they've had in previous years which was basically the raw footage with that standard background music. Low production values but so much more valuable for footy watchers
    A bit more like this hey Ugg?

http://www.sydneyswans.com.au/video/...s-preseason-r2
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 1st March 2015 at 06:32 PM. Reason: going back in time.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    Finally weighing into the argument.
    The intra club video is very artsy, rather than being a highlights package.
    It appears that the person filming is lying on the ground by such a low angle and the amount of grass in the vision.
    Goes out of focus too quickly. missing the action.
    Not a highlights reel, more a " I shot 10 minutes of vision and this is the prettiest".

Not really encouraging me to go back for more highlights in future.

Pushing for Selection
    The website was updated on Friday to indicate two new staff members had started

Digital Media Manager: Shane Potter (previously at Essendon)
    Digital Content Producer: Luke McManus

Suspended by the MRP
    Nothing wrong with them.

I see a lot of the people on this forum are older and are used to terrible quality and production values of the 80s and 90s. Makes sense.

The videos of practice and practice games are a disgrace. I was really angry watching it. FFS what moron thinks that we would want to see a shot of the football with the camera actually on the grass. It is ridiculous and appalling. And then there are 2-3 minutes of "highlights" from a 2 hour game which feature many seconds of out of focus panning and scrabbly nothing stuff happening around he packs. Is someone seriously having a lend? I've only seen it once but I don't recall there being a single good grab or great kick or goal in the ENTIRE thing. FFS. And no JPK12 I'm not old and I work in the arts so I appreciate things that look good and that are new/cutting edge. There are no actual highlights in the highlight package!!!!! Someone needs a whack at Swans Headquarters. I've seen plenty if highlight packages from practice or 2s games where you genuinely get to see something...especially of new players so I know it can be done. The music is great :-)

Quote Originally Posted by JPK12 View Post
    Nothing wrong with them.

I see a lot of the people on this forum are older and are used to terrible quality and production values of the 80s and 90s. Makes sense.
    Get out of the wrong side of the bed this morning?
    Chillin' with the strange Quarks

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast