Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Membership numbers 2015

The abandonment of the west will hurt numbers a bit. Id imagine a slow drop back to 35,000 over the next 2 years.

Lower if we start to be uncompetitive.

Happy and I know it
    29379 members, according to Andrew Pridham on Twitter. "Membership at record level for February. 6% above 2014."
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

What are realistic estimates for this season? A slight drop in WA and VIC but an uptick in QLD cos there are two games up there?

44,000 would be a good effort

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    For those living in Melbourne have you considered getting an AFL membership? I know all the money doesn't go to the swans but when it comes to the GF you don't have to worry about a ballot and when we make the GF you are guaranteed a seat. And you can go to the GF even if the swans aren't playing. I have been to every GF since 1996.

During the season you can go to any game at the MCG and Etihad.

I'm not sure on the waiting list for Full membership...so this might be a drawback.
    About 10 years. Although if the AFL sticks it to Essendon a number of their fans might drop off, shortening the wait queue.

Only guaranteed a GF ticket if you are a full member.

Apart from that its a good option.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    About 10 years. Although if the AFL sticks it to Essendon a number of their fans might drop off, shortening the wait queue.

Only guaranteed a GF ticket if you are a full member.

Apart from that its a good option.
    Wow 10 years! At least it's not as long as MCC.

Yes that's correct only full members are guaranteed a GF ticket. However the last few years the allocated tickets weren't sold so the restricted members of the competing clubs were able to buy tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    The abandonment of the west will hurt numbers a bit. Id imagine a slow drop back to 35,000 over the next 2 years.

Lower if we start to be uncompetitive.
    I'll be intersted to see if this hypothesis will actually play out - imo it will make little if any difference. I still doubt (outside of the ANZ Members who go to Swans games because it is at the ground they are members of) that there are a lot of Swans members that will stop being a member because we stop playing games at Homebush. I know there is the 3 game superpass or whatever they call it, but does anyone have any idea how many of those memberships we sell?

There will be some - but I'd be suprised if its a particularly significant drop off.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

The 3 game ANZ superpass or whatever they call it (if it still even exists), was how I got to be a member. My daughter and I purchased this membership back in 2003. I had followed the Swans for a long time but never went to games live, but my daughter didn't even follow Aussie Rules. We played Carlton and won by about 60 points. She was hooked and we became members the following year. Circumstances had my daughter drop her membership about 2 years ago, but I have remained a member and will continue to do so.

Different type of membership certainly have a place.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Encouraging story Yvonne.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

I have my pack and I'm going to collect the rest of it at Henson Park on 27/2. Footy season approaches!! Woohoo!!!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Senior Player

When the the kids are young you join them up and go as a family. They love it , but then they go to Uni, get jobs, mostly casual weekend ones, can't find the time, their social life takes off etc so it's pointless maintaining their membership. You maintain yours because it's one of your life's essential pleasures.

They will drop everything and so will her indoors, to come to the Granny at the Old Mans expense, after pulling every string imaginable to get them all tickets, but last year could only get one more (wife grabbed it).
    The trip to the Granny last year was a very expensive exercise. We still had a great time but will long remember the disappointment . The kids had to watch from Fed square. I don't know how you ' can easily source a ticket'.

The membership attrition rate is pretty high in families I would imagine. It just happens.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post

What a coincidence - at around the time you posted , I was at the Swans Melbourne office at MSAC .
    They had the number on the office board - 47,981.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast