Thread: Round 7: the other games thread.

Round 7: the other games thread.

Seems strange starting this thread on Wednesday, especially since we don't play until Sunday. Oh well, at least Richmond and Melbourne had byes last week, so we won't be watching a battle of zombie teams.

Perhaps the match of the round will be GWS v Brisbane tomorrow night. The Saturday twilight game of Geelong v Carlton will also appeal to many, but I'm not sure if I really want to get to emotionally invested in the battle of the salary sombreros.

Veterans List
    Well I'll say something then to kick this thread along....Giants are looking the real deal this season. Impressive win tonight over the pre-season flag favourites, whose season is fast unravelling.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Well I'll say something then to kick this thread along....Giants are looking the real deal this season. Impressive win tonight over the pre-season flag favourites, whose season is fast unravelling.
    Yep. And in my mind, if Isaac has a companion right now in the race for the Brownlow, it's Tom Green.

It's remarkable how many of the best midfielders in the game right now are 23 or under. But a few of the top of my head: Butters, Gulden, Green, Rozee (or is he 24), Serong, Chad, Rowell, Anderson, Daicos, Walsh, Callaghan, Durham and I've probably forgotten a few; let alone those that are clearly going to be (a la Reid). There's going to be some ding dong battles for the Brownlow in the coming decade.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    The form of Brisbane has been very surprising. I didn't watch the game but I was shocked when I saw the final score.

The Giants on the other hand have been really impressive. The game against them next week will be a good test for us. Unfortunately Greene will be back!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    GWS won without Toby, Cogs and probably their most important player Sam Taylor. All back to face us next week.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    GWS won without Toby, Cogs and probably their most important player Sam Taylor. All back to face us next week.
    And they have a nine day break, while we have a six day break. Strangely, the AFL site has us as slight favourites.

Veterans List
    I'm at the Geelong v Carlton game. I'm looking forward to this match, it should be a good one.

Just heard the last post. It's the first time I've heard it live. It was really moving.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Cats very impressive. They’ve rebuilt well over the past few years.

They ended up with three of the top 20 from the 2020 draft by plundering Bruhn and Henry, and Holmes was a smart pick. They then pulled the dodgy deal with the Suns to get Clark via pick 7. That’s on top of drafting DeKoning, Neale and Conway (the latter two aren’t playing today but will be good), and nailing a couple of rookie picks like Dempsey, taking the punt on Stengle etc. And they’ve still got O’Sullivan to develop.

They’re well coached and playing with real speed these days. They’ll be annoying us all for some time yet.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

On the veteran's list
    See Dyl was on fire again for the Roos.

Veterans List
    Apparently there were only 4,000 at the game in Tasmania. That is embarrassing for North.

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    See Dyl was on fire again for the Roos.
    36 AFL fantasy points for Stephens. Also notice their pick 3 in Will Phillips got 30 fantasy points. North really know how to pick them.