Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 12: just other games.

Round 12: just other games.

We enter our bye week six points in front and could finish it six points in front. All it needs is for Carlton to beat Port and for Gold Coast to beat Essendon. Though I'm not really sure if I want that to happen? I'd probably get more satisfaction if Carlton ended the round out of the eight.

It's a bit the same with tomorrow's match between the Magpies and the Bulldogs. A Bulldogs win would be better for our ladder position, but I've been death riding them for so long, I really don't know if I can break that habit? Though I suspect if I try hard enough, I could find a few reasons to go against Collingwood.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    I've got a feeling that Carlton may knock off Port but I couldn't in a million years barrack for those cheating vultures. Go Port!

And as much as I thoroughly dislike both teams, I can see the Pies/Poodles game being a very entertaining one. Let's see if Collingwood can make it 3 draws in half a season!

Senior Player
    Want to see the Poodles beat Collingwood, as I don't want them in the top four and getting a home final.

Veterans List
    I heard this morning that after this round, Essendon play their next 10 games in Melbourne. Then the poor things have to travel to the GABBA in Round 24.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I heard this morning that after this round, Essendon play their next 10 games in Melbourne. Then the poor things have to travel to the GABBA in Round 24.
    That's rough. The AFL will probably put on a charter flight for them. The Dogs have their next five games at Marvel. I can't believe I
    follow this hokey comp sometimes.....

Want Port to win and make top-4 as they are pretenders. Really happy for Carlton to miss finals and implode.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Is it just me or is Joel Selwood both dumb and boring as a commentator. The sideline commentator was raising the fact Finlayson as sub was warming up and either Todd Marshall or Charlie Dixon could likely come off. Selwood’s contribution was “it’ll be the tall out of those two”.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Is it just me or is Joel Selwood both dumb and boring as a commentator. The sideline commentator was raising the fact Finlayson as sub was warming up and either Todd Marshall or Charlie Dixon could likely come off. Selwood’s contribution was “it’ll be the tall out of those two”.
    I've already forgotten a couple of his earlier comments, that I was tempted to post about, but they were as dumb as a rock.

What I did just log in to mention, though, was the Thomas comment, "Carlton could end up as low as tenth, on the back of a couple of narrow recent losses."

Their most recent loss was when we beat them a couple of games ago by 52 points.

Port look really, really ordinary. On the fly they seem unbeatable, but other than that they have little.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Port’s record against top eight teams is terrible. I picked them as sliders at start of year. They probably have enough class to stay in the top eight so I’ll be wrong, but not completely.

Senior Player
    Yes, I suspect Joel is from the Mark Ricciuto School of Commentary. Anyway, the main thing is Carlton's win suits us ladder-wise.
    Strangely, Joel made no mention of that in the last quarter when Carlton starting getting on top. He has a lot to learn.

Veterans List
    First of five 50/50 games and the favourite beaten.

Pefect result for us we're still effectively three/four games clear of all the main contenders. Essendon will surely start to lose ground over the next month as the tougher opponents start to test the 104% Bombers

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast