Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 Port Adelaide v Swans

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Among a host of fine performances tonight the one that stood out for me, especially compared with what we've done in some other games, is the ball movement. They were terrific at linking up, picking up the dropped ball, handpassing, kicking to advantage, all against a top four team. Ripping stuff to watch.

Closely followed by the pressure: we were at their throats almost all night and caused handovers galore. Of course they did the same to us at times, but we soaked it up and got back down to work.

And to think that only one person in the Fairfax papers and none at all in the Hun tipped us!
    The Herald Sun are a joke.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    One of the best team performances I have seen in a long, long time....

Only positives from me tonight for a change

* Towers is worth giving an extended run I feel
    * Heeney just brilliant for a second gamer
    * Buddy worked his socks off
    * Rampe my BOG, just love the way this guy plays his footy and his story
    * The Reiad down back project should be perservered with
    * Rohan had a good game.
    * Best games for quite a while I have seen Jack and MvVeigh play

Could go on and on. I think it will be very very hard to drop anyone from that 22 (except Goodes perhaps but that is a delicate issue). Clearly McGlynn is our best 22 but maybe another week in the twos wouldn't hurt. Our backmen played so well as a unit

Next week will be another good test for us and I'd be hoping we get at least 40,000 there (including 329 GWS fans)
    Great post. I would have Heeney as the sub next week to give him a rest. The next game after GWS is at Subiaco and you don't want Heeney getting exhausted too early in the season.

Keep Goodes in. He is a champion and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

McGlynn, Mitchell and Cunningham will have to persist in the reserves.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Mug Punter View Post
    One of the best team performances I have seen in a long, long time....
    Hard to argue Mug!

No passengers out there tonight and the whole team played with great intensity from the first bounce.

I thought Lloyd's great game last week off the bench was because the Don's had run out of legs. He proved me wrong with todays game, continually burning opponents and finding space.

It's difficult to single out players in a great team performance, but Dan Hanneberry's effort tonight was super. He put is body on the line to win the hard ball and then lost his opponent with great running in to dangerous areas.

I think Longmire naming Goodes as sub was an excellent shot across his bow. Adam is well an truly on notice, and unless he lifts his game he could be playing reserves in the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by altmattr View Post
    How good is Grundy? Very good is the answer - very, very good.
    9 marks tonight, was pretty good. Despite the fumble flak he cops here.. he is rarely beaten.

Bloody satisfying performance all round. Ranpe was very good in his 50th game, lots of clever handballs and good kicks near the boundaries plus his standard spoil work. Rohan put in a lot of hard work with his pressure but he needs some tackling coaching, he had a handful of opportunities that he commonly lunges at too early and doesn't hold and falls to the ground.

Senior Player
    The blond kid wearing #5 might be a decent player for us one day,but he really needs a haircut. Saves a lot of typing when you can just copy 'n past from a comment about another young Swan,fifteen years ago

Outstanding 4 quarter effort away from home against a top quality opponent. Simply sensational win where all 22 contributed at some point. A lot of love for our backline tonight, repelled something like 63 Inside 50s for Port. Very proud of the team!
    Swannies for life!

That was alright.

(this in depth analysis was brought to you by Crown Lager)
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Lloyd is really impressive in traffic and congestion. He's a fast thinker with fast hands and in combination with his power running and kicking efficiency there's no reason he couldn't be a 250 gamer.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt80 View Post
    Great post. I would have Heeney as the sub next week to give him a rest. The next game after GWS is at Subiaco and you don't want Heeney getting exhausted too early in the season.

Keep Goodes in. He is a champion and deserves the benefit of the doubt.

McGlynn, Mitchell and Cunningham will have to persist in the reserves.
    Exactly. Mitchell will be annoyed at this point i would think, but you can't argue with form, and no one from tonight's team deserves to be dropped. Suddenly our depth seems better! A fantastic team/Swans performance tonight, nothing to complain about. It's great.......ps: I'm embarrassed I tipped against us That won't happen again.

Quote Originally Posted by PerthSwannie View Post
    I wasn't going to drink tonight but I'm sculling the beers as we speak. Go the mighty Swannies................
    haha I was the same. Must be the Perth weather

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    ....ps: I'm embarrassed I tipped against us That won't happen again.
    I did the same, could be an the boys played so well, not that I'm superstitious. :-)
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Ever the pessimist, I went into this game thinking that if we got within 5 goals of Port, I'd be relatively happy.

Now, I'm absolutely ecstatic!! Go the Mighty Bloods!!

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast