Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs

Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Haha yes I am one who does miss his posts and believe he was unfairly banned just to please a few on here, but as far as the teams go, I'm sure he'd say what most of us agree in that the predicted conditions would more than likely play a part in his selection this week with some lighter quicker players dropped/rested.
    I too miss Matt80, although the way he flogged his hobby horses was tiresome. Some of his comments were spot on and he as painful as he was about Mitchell, he was right for a very long time.

I was surprised to se McGlynn omitted - perhaps they feel he is a bit underdone? Glad to see Mitchell get his chance though - I hope he kills it.

Senior Player
    Bring on the four extractors

Quote Originally Posted by Scottee View Post
    Wet weather selections. Smart move.
    Proper wet weather boots & wet weather game plan - no dinky passes, no sloppy handballs, and kicking the ball long with crumbers at the feet of the tall forwards.

Goes up to 11
    I was going to be cheeky and suggest this could be a farewell game for Goodsey, but then thinking about it, any game that Goodsey does play from now on in could be his last. He needs to think like this and prove he's still up to it. We all saw what happened with ROK last year.....

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I was going to be cheeky and suggest this could be a farewell game for Goodsey, but then thinking about it, any game that Goodsey does play from now on in could be his last. He needs to think like this and prove he's still up to it. We all saw what happened with ROK last year.....
    As a few have suggested, Mike Pike seems to be well down on form and confidence.

I think this will be Adam's last year and he will be fighting against 4-5 others for his spot in the team each week.

I have suggested it before, but why not go in to the ruck and battle with an out of form Pike? Tippo could take the majority of centre bounces where there is the most brutal contact and Goodes could take the rest around the ground.

If he gets injured, at least he would go out contesting in the seniors. He has the smarts and football brain to have a real impact in the ruck and the opposition would have to work a lot harder to contain him around the ground.

A brownlow also says he can play pretty well in that role!

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    All 4 are very handy forwards, so we'll have plenty of options rotating through the forward line.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Quote Originally Posted by goods78 View Post
    I have suggested it before, but why not go in to the ruck and battle with an out of form Pike? Tippo could take the majority of centre bounces where there is the most brutal contact and Goodes could take the rest around the ground.

If he gets injured, at least he would go out contesting in the seniors. He has the smarts and football brain to have a real impact in the ruck and the opposition would have to work a lot harder to contain him around the ground.

A brownlow also says he can play pretty well in that role!
    Why not? Because Adam gives 4 years and 10cm to Pyke. As the game goes on, Adam will get more tired, Pyke won't get any shorter. When Adam was an effective ruckman his lack of height was offset by an incredibly athletic vertical leap. Since then he's done 2 PCLs & his last Brownlow was almost a decade ago now.
    Goodsey might have the "smarts and football brain to have a real impact in the ruck" but he simply doesn't have the body for it anymore. He can, however, play a number of other roles, hopefully to good effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    I too miss Matt80, although the way he flogged his hobby horses was tiresome. Some of his comments were spot on and he as painful as he was about Mitchell, he was right for a very long time.

I was surprised to se McGlynn omitted - perhaps they feel he is a bit underdone? Glad to see Mitchell get his chance though - I hope he kills it.
    I don't miss him (I was necessarily pro him getting banned either mind you) but the apology he agreed to give us all should all four be named in the one team would have been fun to read. I reckon he'd have made good on his promise too.

Anyway, on with the footy. Mitchell is clearly a wet weather selection but I don't think you could say the same about the other two. Goodes for Heeney is a direct swap of positions I'd have thought. Team balance and all that. Towers for McGlynn is the interesting one.

It also suggests Bird will largely be in a "run with" role and that Hanners may play a little wider at times, as he has already been doing to great effect this season.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Veteran Site Admin
    Don't really get the criticism of Pyke. He's no world beater but he's more than handy. Mumford has been dominating this season for the Giants but had probably his quietest game against us. Coming up against Sandilands is always difficult due to his height and size, but I thought Pyke did a decent enough job against him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    do you miss me.png

This is the Ebola80 virus. You will notice that in the top left the virus is wound to form the number 80. Once an 'X80' virus infects a forum, it spreads like wildfire and will eventually takes over the minds of the members and they begin to emulate the virus. Members will also look for sympathy. Just a warning. Be alert.

Trade all the players.jpg

I'm not feeling quite right today,

This is only my opinion ------
    Ludwig80

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Why not? Because Adam gives 4 years and 10cm to Pyke. As the game goes on, Adam will get more tired, Pyke won't get any shorter. When Adam was an effective ruckman his lack of height was offset by an incredibly athletic vertical leap. Since then he's done 2 PCLs & his last Brownlow was almost a decade ago now.
    Goodsey might have the "smarts and football brain to have a real impact in the ruck" but he simply doesn't have the body for it anymore. He can, however, play a number of other roles, hopefully to good effect.
    Of course they are not the same spec's and I agree on the centre bounce, but I don't think the coaches rate a classical ruck around the ground now days.

It's all about 'making a contest' and I think the use of Reid last year showed that.

Goodes would certainly murder Pike in general play and could act as an extra midfielder when the ball hits the deck.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I don't miss him (I was necessarily pro him getting banned either mind you) but the apology he agreed to give us all should all four be named in the one team would have been fun to read. I reckon he'd have made good on his promise too.
    Everyone is writing off the 3 extractor max theory, but it could still be alive!

What happens if Mitchell is the sub and he replaces Craig Bird??

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast