Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 5 V Western Bulldogs.

Regular in the Side
    No doubt who deserved to win this game ... much tidier with the ball... much better in defence and ferocious in taking advantage of turnovers that we offered up like a bunch of amateurs. Murphy is a marvel. Our back line has no composure. Sad / disappointed but the dogs deserved to win.
    Well done Pyke ... Hanners ... struggling after that.

How to interpret this. I'm a pessimist by nature and I have a massive soft spot for the bulldogs but I can't help feeling this loss. Swans seem to lack energy compared to younger and hungrier opposition.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Didn't watch the game but from the comments on here it seems like our usual lack of pure skill and smart decision making again cost us! We really need to focus on that in future drafts because we can't compete on just having a red hot go forever! Turnovers lose games, plain and simple!

Bulldogs were the better team and our turnovers cost us in the end.

Interestingly that our losing margin for last week and this week's game was within the video reviews against us.

Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    How to interpret this. I'm a pessimist by nature and I have a massive soft spot for the bulldogs but I can't help feeling this loss. Swans seem to lack energy compared to younger and hungrier opposition.
    Well, I'm comforting myself with the truism that you don't want to peak in May.

??????ing WTF?! ????????????

I know they are aren't not trying (few football teams simply don't try) but 4 quarters of good football in 3 games (Essendon, Freo & today) for a win & 2 close losses?

How can they play their worst and best football in one game ... 3 ??????ing times in 5 ??????ing rounds?! ????????????

I don't know if I'm really angry (& I don't even know who at ... the feral SA knobs surrounding me in the pub who were barracking for the Dogs in the last 4 minutes) or realty, really sad ????????????

For me it was the Doggies backline that made better decisions then our backline

I thought the coach got it right this week in going with the plus 1 early

I like the Doggies push thru in numbers when they win a turnover...... alah Port style and both teams have the speed to do that

It is the antidote to our slower stronger but older midfield
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Nah, no blaming the umpires for this one IMHO. We lost it. I'll need to cool off before I comment further because I'm pretty annoyed right now.

Regular in the Side
    Pure skill is right 5 or 6 goals from our kicks to the red white and blue. Time to drop a few for this fatal fundamental. Shaw Rampe Grundy too name a couple, kicking back into the centre is costly as was shown today. When will they ever learn.
    If Mitch gets dropped now I might support someone else. Another player not up to it is Towers.

had an absolute gutfull of all these commentators barracking against the swans , it is sickening..if they are if front then they try to work out a way to get whoever we are playing back into it.. if we are behind they are cheering so loud to keep the opposition there ..i cannot listen to any of it ..broke another remote today

Quote Originally Posted by lwjoyner View Post
    Pure skill is right 5 or 6 goals from our kicks to the red white and blue. Time to drop a few for this fatal fundamental. Shaw Rampe Grundy too name a couple, kicking back into the centre is costly as was shown today. When will they ever learn.
    There is a deficiency in the coaching if those players, amongst others, think they have the skills to execute pinpoint passes in wet conditions. Consistently the same culprits - but unless they're constantly ignoring instructions (which would be an issue on its own, but I suspect not the case), they seemingly need more feedback to convince them they are not capable of hitting those targets.

Disappointing to see Shaw running around seeking those little 'it's OK, better luck next time' high fives from anyone within 100m when he gives away turnover goals, but when Laidler's fumble led to a goal, he's the nearest player yet looks the other way.

Good luck to the Bulldogs, but our worst is way off what is needed to be a genuine premiership contender. We can hope we don't have too many injuries as the inconsistency when we're at full strength is concerning enough.

Well I'm off to the abuse thread.
    See you when I calm down

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast