Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Day Thread Rnd 8 V Hawthorn

Great win with all the mistakes, to get the 4 pts is huge! Still think we have more improvement in us with adding a fit Heeney forward and also if we drop Shaw for a younger hungrier Jones who I think would add to our pressure if given an extended run in the backline. Even perhaps a Nic Newman.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    What is it with Channel 7? 10 minutes highlighting Hawthorn players? What about us? we kinda won the game...
    Now they're analysing/highlighting all the Hawks errors, read; excuses! Pathetic...

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisi View Post
    What is it with Channel 7? 10 minutes highlighting Hawthorn players? What about us? we kinda won the game...
    Before we'd won it but when they replayed the Rioli mark in front of goal about 20 times even during play..

I had to youtube the Jetta vs Rioli sprint in 2013 GF to calm myself down

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Swan View Post
    Tom Mitchell was fantastic when he went onto Sam Mitchell in the last quarter - great move by the coaches
    Sending McVeigh forward was a decent move too.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Master stroke by Horse, and Tom was getting right into Mitchell at times with some real aggression around the stoppages. Great to see.
    Gutsy gutsy win - hawks better team overall but bad kicking is bad footy. We hung in all night and showed that the bloods spirit is still alive.

First step towards redemption complete tonight - we most certainly need to improve a lot from here but the psychological boost from that will be huge!

Could be a huge result in the context of the season - 2 games clear of them now. No excuses not to hit the bye at worst 8-3 now if not 9-2.

Enjoyed that so much - as the hawks fans were well and truly warming up mid last quarter to heap more @@@@ on the swans fans - they left very quietly
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Now, are any of you Victorian Swans fans willing to get in the face of Clarkson? An assault charge issued to the Hawks coach would probably top off the night nicely.

Great win, I don't care who played better. I also don't know if I dislike a player in the AFL more than Sam Mitchell. Ever since he got Hall to concede those two 50M penalties by needling him all the way up the ground I've loathed him.

No analysing who did what or who played poorly, but Hanners, Jetta, Reid and Parker get special mentions. Macca was awful until he went forward and won us the game, so he's redeemed himself!
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

The intensity and pressure were great from both sides. It's a treat for all footy fans to see that kind of game.

We were good when we needed to be and lucky too, but you need both to beat Hawthorn at the MCG, or anywhere for that matter.

I wonder what odd you could have gotten that neither Buddy nor Roughy would kick a goal. It was a bizarre game with so many twists and turns.

Oh and i must apologise for writing goodesy off earlier in the year. Did a really important role for the team tonight, especially as buddy couldnt get into the game. One should never write off a champion.

Just walking past the carillon near the g bellowing out cheer cheer - a great night!

There will be more doughnuts for Buddy this week. If he continues like this he'll get fat.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Now, are any of you Victorian Swans fans willing to get in the face of Clarkson? An assault charge issued to the Hawks coach would probably top off the night nicely.
    It would have to be through the bus window though.....

McVeigh was under intense pressure for many of his disposals ... He was still very good , others with more time stuffed it up .