Coaches votes are in:

10 - Hannebery
    6 - Parker
    4 - Rioli
    3 - Reid
    3 - S.Mitchell
    2 - McVeigh
    2 - Frawley

Great to see Hannebery recognised, thought he was immense both on the outside and inside and was super clean all night. His kicking is as good as it's been since 2012 as well...Horse allowing him to utilise his running and outside football more this season has been a masterstroke.
    Just came on to post exactly the same. I was amazed at the Age awarding 8 to both Mitchell and Rioli but only 7 to Hanners (bearing in mind they can award up to 10 points to any five players, if they wish). I thought Hanners was the stand out. He was still running his guts out at the end of the game. Watch those last couple of minutes, and see how many times Hanners received the ball in acres of space, or was in a position to receive the ball had a team mate chosen to use him.

Mitchell and Rioli were good too, but Hanners was the standout 4 quarter performance in my eyes. And in Longmire's and Clarkson's too.

It's interesting that Rioli got 4 votes from one coach and none from the other.

I'll bet Horse gave 4 votes to Cyril and Clarko game 2 to Macca. The players that hurt you stick in your mind.

Surprised Jetta didn't get a vote. I thought he was our second best player, but Parker was excellent as well, as was Reid.

Goes up to 11
    I was glad to see Jetts get a $1,500 fine for his involvement in one of the melees too - good to see a bit of aggression in his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Conor_Dillon View Post
    16 disposals, 2 goals, 5 marks and 4 tackles, 1 goal assist and 2 clearances isn't best on ground by any conceivable logic. If Liam Shiels had have played the identical game I guarantee he wouldn't have been in the best.
    PFFFFT! Try Round 7, 2015, Sydney def Geelong

Tom Mitchell 33 disposals, three goals, 4 marks, 4 tackles

Best players according to the AFL website ...

Sydney Swans: Parker, McGlynn, Franklin, McVeigh, Kennedy, Hannebery

Pushing for Selection poundpuppy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Correct, it's been all about the Hawks in the media.

Jude managed to give Sewell a drive by with a 'Couldn't find a point about the Swans?' when Sewell did the '3 things I learnt' segment.
    And Sewell managed to call Jarrad 'Mark McVeigh' in the same segment .....
    Lord, help me to be the kind of person my dog thinks I am.
    And if there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went!

www.paws.com.au

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Great to Jarad play so well with the team down by 2 goals, his actions and leadership dragged the side back into the game allowing to hit the front and provided the confidence and belief to win the game. That type of leadership turns very good men to a team with belief.

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    I can't believe Reg has been potted in this thread. He did some great desperate work and his second effort on the outer wing in dying minutes might very well have saved the game for us.
    I for one will be taking a pot shot at Reg. He is soft!!!!!!! I cannot stand players who pull out of a contest. It was about half way through the last qtr. We had a 3 on one situation on the outer wing and Reg had the opportunity to throw his body into the contest with the one Hawthorn player. The ball would have likely spilled free to one of our two other players and we would have been off. But he pulled out of the contest, the Hawthorn player won the ball and and it ended up with Grundy's direct opponent in Gunston. Grundy slowly walked back to the goal line with his tail between his legs because he knew what he had done. Thankfully Gunston only kicked a point. There are no excuses for pulling out of a contest. It is just soft and he should be embarrassed. Did anyone else notice this? Other than that he had a reasonable game. But he is still soft.

Veterans List
    With all the disbelief about Rioli fumbling that last ball, strange no one has commented on the 6'3" bloke coming behind who swoops it up and shoots out a left hand handball in the blink of an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    With all the disbelief about Rioli fumbling that last ball, strange no one has commented on the 6'3" bloke coming behind who swoops it up and shoots out a left hand handball in the blink of an eye.
    Great point.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Top effort by Sammy. And someone did mention how Rampe managed to interfere with Gunston's handball. While I think of it, Rampe also kicked a beautifully weighted ball into Rohan's ready arms.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Just came on to post exactly the same. I was amazed at the Age awarding 8 to both Mitchell and Rioli but only 7 to Hanners (bearing in mind they can award up to 10 points to any five players, if they wish). I thought Hanners was the stand out. He was still running his guts out at the end of the game. Watch those last couple of minutes, and see how many times Hanners received the ball in acres of space, or was in a position to receive the ball had a team mate chosen to use him.
    I think the AFL web-site's player of the round poll had Sam Mitchell as the choice from our game.
    Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way you'll be a mile away and he'll be shoeless.

Veteran Site Admin
    Yeah, it did.