Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mike Pyke..admiration society

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    I am getting a bit worried for Mike. He is pretty skilled in the ruck contests, but he doesn't seem to be holding his marks in the same way as he did in 2012 and 2013. The around the ground contribution is getting more and more important for ruckmen and his is going backwards rather than forwards. I love his story and I want him to succeed (just check my past posts if you don't believe me) but something is not right at the moment. I'm happy to be torn down for this, but could it have anything to do with the fact players can't wear gloves as they did a few years ago (when he was leading contested marks for the entire league)? Or maybe it is the absence of the Big Mummy as a foil? I know the prevailing "wisdom" is that you can't have two ruckmen in a team, but the Swans never looked better than when we had both Mummy and the Canuck in the team.
    Travis Cloke still wears a glove, so they must still be allowed to wear them.

Regular in the Side Velour&Ruffles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Travis Cloke still wears a glove, so they must still be allowed to wear them.
    Thanks. I avoid watching the Pies as much as possible so hadn't noticed that. Maybe Pikey should consider reinstating his.
    My opinion is objective truth in its purest form

I agree. It can't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    I agree. It can't hurt.
    Maybe it will hurt, but he should try it anyway -------------- for the team.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Mumford has just been ruled out for the season, requires an ankle reconstruction. Horrible news...will make it really hard for the Giants to play finals which is a blow for footy in NSW.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

That is awful news about Mummy. He's always been injury prone and this was one of the RWO discussion points about his value when he went to GWS. The Giants have hit a bad spot on the injury front and I now wonder if they will have enough to make finals.

That is dreadful news about Mumford. So sad for him and for GWS. Both were having a great season. As CD says, GWS might now keep sliding down the ladder. I had been so much enjoying a top four with no Victorian teams.

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    That is dreadful news about Mumford. So sad for him and for GWS. Both were having a great season. As CD says, GWS might now keep sliding down the ladder. I had been so much enjoying a top four with no Victorian teams.
    Patfull and Davis also both out for 6-8 just compounds their woes.
    Twitter @cmdil
    Instagram @conordillon

Yes, big blow for the Giants with the loss of Mumford. Unfortunately now, I think that they might reprise last year's slide down the table by an Ablett-less Suns. Though possibly not quite as severe. Which is a shame, I would've found it most amusing if the Giants had managed to keep in the top four at the expense of the Hawks.

Now that paper m�ch� Mummy is out for the season, Mike is looking like good value!

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Now that paper m�ch� Mummy is out for the season, Mike is looking like good value!
    If Pyke had been injured instead of Mummy, both teams would be the better.

Mike Pyke..admiration society

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    If Pyke had been injured instead of Mummy, both teams would be the better.
    That's a bit off, Ludwig.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast