Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: Match Day Round 10 Swans vs. Suns

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    If you feel that the performance was 100% and all players played to their peak, then fair enough.

I don't consider being critical of various aspects of any game as being negative.
    It's kinda what passionate supporters do, strive for their team to be the best it can be, and they will be critical when they see fit.

Don't understand all of the "why the negativity" comments...
    thats not really representative of what I'm saying. Granted there is room for a lot of improvement, but my point is the players did what they had to do to get 4 points and as such it is not a yard stick as to whether we'll be competitive when it counts.

My issue is that people are saying skills are deplorable or player x or y isn't up to it based on that game.

Of course you are allowed to say you thought someone played crap or the centre clearance work was rubbish etc. but for the bigger picture look at some of the other games we've played.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CureTheSane View Post
    If you feel that the performance was 100% and all players played to their peak, then fair enough.

I don't consider being critical of various aspects of any game as being negative.
    It's kinda what passionate supporters do, strive for their team to be the best it can be, and they will be critical when they see fit.

Don't understand all of the "why the negativity" comments...
    So if you look for positives and don't criticise, you're not a passionate supporter?

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    So if you look for positives and don't criticise, you're not a passionate supporter?
    The only positive was that we did win ... but we are a side that needs to look deeper than that ... the Coach seems more attuned to the reality of that performance than the "positive" gang on here ... perhaps you can be positive and passionate ... but if you want to be a realist you acknowledge the awfulness of the performance.

I think Horse's point was that we put the cue in the rack and coasted for a period of time. We did not go in for the kill. We played just well enough to win.

Look from this "positive persons point of view " a wins a win (and I'm not sorry for saying it!) we are outright 2nd on the ladder !!! Surely that's good enough??? (There are far more important things in the world to get your knickers in a twist about!)

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary View Post
    The only positive was that we did win ... but we are a side that needs to look deeper than that ... the Coach seems more attuned to the reality of that performance than the "positive" gang on here ... perhaps you can be positive and passionate ... but if you want to be a realist you acknowledge the awfulness of the performance.
    But that's the coaches job, isn't I? That's why he gets paid the big bucks. I don't think he needs me to emphasize that we could've done better. He knows it and is much better equipped than me to fix it.
    In the meantime, I'll stay positive and passionate. Yes, we could have played much better last Saturday. But there's only one other club that wouldn't want to swap ladder positions with us at the moment. Glass half full!
    Go the mighty Bloods!

Well, I'm very happy with one Swans stat , points against: 644 , 11 less than Freo and the least of any other team.
    That will do me.
    Hope we can beat North .

And Longmire has spoken - (I can't attach the link from Facebook ) but it's saying to those outside the club who criticize Tippett need to be Careful with what they say. They don't know the ins & outs of their strategy or goings on. That's a bit of a "stick it in your pipe and smoke it!" Kind of statement. (It will be on the swans website)

On the Rookie List
    I think I can sum up the discontent here:

The telecast listed all the Suns players out and their Swans equivalents, which I thought were reasonable comparisons. Imagine those 13-15 players out (the best Swans players) and Sydney playing Hawthorn. What would the scoreline be?

The answer is obvious: Much greater than 50 points. Why? Talent is on par (if not more of it in the Swans), so it must be hunger. I think that is what concerns some people, rightly or wrongly.
    "Take me down to the Paradise City where the grass is green and the Swans win pretty."

Senior Player
    One good thing is we seem to be managing injuries pretty well

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardy View Post
    Look from this "positive persons point of view " a wins a win (and I'm not sorry for saying it!) we are outright 2nd on the ladder !!! Surely that's good enough??? (There are far more important things in the world to get your knickers in a twist about!)
    I wear jocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloodthirsty View Post
    I think I can sum up the discontent here:

The telecast listed all the Suns players out and their Swans equivalents, which I thought were reasonable comparisons. Imagine those 13-15 players out (the best Swans players) and Sydney playing Hawthorn. What would the scoreline be?

The answer is obvious: Much greater than 50 points. Why? Talent is on par (if not more of it in the Swans), so it must be hunger. I think that is what concerns some people, rightly or wrongly.

Whats the point of being flat-track bullies?. North would have beaten GC by more than 50 points, but get thrashed in finals.

It was slippery, so a thrashing could only be acheived by hard body on body desperation. That leads to tiredness and injury. I'm sure in a dry day we would have beat them by more. Isnt 50 points in the wet, equivalent to 80 in the dry ?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast