Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 13: Sydney v Richmond

Quote Originally Posted by bodgie View Post
    Lost composure after that Smith kick. A rare opportunity for the Swans to get the better of farcical umpiring antics. Not sure why Mitchell was subbed off and Shaw left on. He has become a blunder machine. Reiwoldt was good against Ted.
    Reiwoldt was very good

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar
    Yes under no pressure were are really good. 2nd half, under pressure, we just folded like cardboard box. I dont worry about the umpires too much. We have had that for 33 years.

Umpiring was hardly great but honestly, we got hammered after half time. The loss wasn't due to bad umpiring.

The sad thing about it is that we will never have a quality game of football for the rest of the season. The recipe for beating the Swans is written. Just scrag them, get them unsettled and the game is yours.

The game was lost at the selection table. We had to play one man short the whole game. I wasn't at all surprised at the result. It also shows why we should have taken the opportunity against Melbourne, Carton and GC to play Naismith and Nankervis and someone in place of Shaw. Now with Buddy and Tippett sure to get suspended and we really can't play Derickx another game (surely not), we will have to play a newbie or two.

Nice going Horse.

Sad celebration of the 2005 Premiership. As deflating as the 2006 unfurling of the flag round 2 loss to Port

On the Rookie List Conor_Dillon's Avatar
    What an awful second half...it was like watching the grand final all over again.

I'm not sure if it was coming off the bye, the report on Buddy or if we got ahead of ourselves but in every contest in the 2nd half it felt like it was 5 or 6 black & yellow jumpers against 2 or 3 Swans.

Hawthorn will be sitting at home laughing to themselves tonight, we've really opened the door for them to take that top 2 place off us.

I normally try and look for positives after the game but it's really hard tonight, and once again as soon as it gets slippery some of our players look like deer in headlights.

Simply unforgivable from Zak, I know he's young but you learn from under 12's that you can't vigorously point at an umpire like that. Really burned any momentum that we had.

Just one more thing. Worst game i have seen from Teddy in 5 years. If he is gone already we are have massive problems.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    How woeful was that!!! Buddy was completely uninterested in the 2nd half. R. Shaw - Blunder machine shaw should be his new nickname. Imagine what Hawthorn would do to us??? not 10 goals closer to 20 goals. We are great pretenders. We don't deserve top four, we have just been lucky until now. Be prepared for a slide.

Senior Player
    Uhmm that was crap but we will get better that is all

Senior Player
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    How woeful was that!!! Buddy was completely uninterested in the 2nd half. R. Shaw - Blunder machine shaw should be his new nickname. Imagine what Hawthorn would do to us??? not 10 goals closer to 20 goals. We are great pretenders. We don't deserve top four, we have just been lucky until now. Be prepared for a slide.
    Whoah slow down there my friend one slip does not a slide make.

I just don't see it happening. So guys and ladies were are we in reality? I want believable answers not positive paff!

I think (hope) tonight will inspire better performances in the near future. Sydney can't win every week. Eventually they had to lose. I have faith that the players' pride will inspire better performances (once Buddy & Tippett return form a tribunal enforced holiday) after tonight. There will be opportunities for other players. But our run home isn't easy.