Thread: Massive scandal GC Suns

Regular in the Side WauchopeAnalyst's Avatar

Massive scandal GC Suns

Alleged photos of Harley Bennell cutting up coke or speed on a table and using a $20 note to use it, photos from early 2013. Article in Melbourne Sun Herald. Wow, just how bad is the problem...????????????

Pretty rank that they've dug this up from nearly 3 years ago IMO. And K Hunt, what a piece of @@@@ he is. Dobbin in his mates to save his own skin and his own $2mill contract , hope he breaks his back and never plays rugby again. Dog.

'Dobbing in his mates to save his own skin'.

Would the same thinking have applied to one of the Bombers' players if they had said what exactly went on with the 'supplements' saga? I know one of them bought it up (the one that Mark McVeigh said slept through the meetings, but can't remember his name).

Quote Originally Posted by YvonneH View Post

Would the same thinking have applied to one of the Bombers' players if they had said what exactly went on with the 'supplements' saga? I know one of them bought it up (the one that Mark McVeigh said slept through the meetings, but can't remember his name).
    There is clearly a significant piece of self-salvation within the motives of K Hunt bringing it up - as Melbourne Blood say its as much about saving his own skin and contract than any decent moral position to be revealing what has been going on.

Seems the Gold Coast curse is striking again in terms of professional teams based up there. I think the reasons for their truly abysmal performances this year are becoming much clearer as time passes. Eade is clearly a pretty hardline coach with hardened views on behaviour, and if this kind of thing is the norm up there, then the culture change under eade might be making more than a few unhappy.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I know one of them bought it up (the one that Mark McVeigh said slept through the meetings, but can't remember his name).
    Kyle Reimers
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

That's exactly what he did, do you really think their welfare was his concern? The guy supplying the coke ? Turn it up Yvonne

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    There is clearly a significant piece of self-salvation within the motives of K Hunt bringing it up - as Melbourne Blood say its as much about saving his own skin and contract than any decent moral position to be revealing what has been going on.

Seems the Gold Coast curse is striking again in terms of professional teams based up there. I think the reasons for their truly abysmal performances this year are becoming much clearer as time passes. Eade is clearly a pretty hardline coach with hardened views on behaviour, and if this kind of thing is the norm up there, then the culture change under eade might be making more than a few unhappy.
    To be fair to Gold Coast, their performances have been significantly affected by the absence of Gary Ablett, David Swallow, Jaegar O'Meara and a host of other very good players. There's no way the Swans would be sitting in 3rd if we'd had an equivalent run with injury.

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    To be fair to Gold Coast, their performances have been significantly affected by the absence of Gary Ablett, David Swallow, Jaegar O'Meara and a host of other very good players. There's no way the Swans would be sitting in 3rd if we'd had an equivalent run with injury.
    That is certainly a factor Liz, the injuries have really hurt them.

But there is a clear, ongoing discipline issue up there (I haven't kept count but they've had a number of players out suspended for drinking etc this season at various times). My guess is a lot of them aren't taking too keenly to the disciplinarian approach of Eade, compared to what I guess was a more lax regime under McKenna.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Veterans List
    I wonder if Bennell has any strikes to his name? Under the current policy this won't be revealed but it would be interesting to know.

Ummmmmmmm mmmmmmmmaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.